[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Torsten Bergmann
Maybe you should include "Pharo-Project-Help" MCZ package
from squeaksource.com/HelpSystem into the ConfigurationOfPharo.

While the core image only has the basic help support and only
one topic ("Help on Help) the dev image would then have some basic
infos on Pharo itself as well as the browsable API for Pharo
accessible from the help browser (if this is loaded).

Do we have a ghostwriter who wants to help on this package?

Thx
T.

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe you should include "Pharo-Project-Help" MCZ package
from squeaksource.com/HelpSystem into the ConfigurationOfPharo.

While the core image only has the basic help support and only
one topic ("Help on Help) the dev image would then have some basic
infos on Pharo itself as well as the browsable API for Pharo
accessible from the help browser (if this is loaded).

Thanks Torsten. I wasn't aware of such package. So..for next release I will add a project reference from ConfigurationOfPharo to ConfigurationOfHelpSystem

Now, the problem is that I already have Help-Core and tests in PharoCore...so will it override them?  which version should I use? the one from the core of the one of the metacello configuration ?

Do we have a ghostwriter who wants to help on this package?

I don't know. For me it is difficult to have so many places to write: Pharo By Example volume 2, Collaborative book, Help System....how do we concentrate efforts? where should I write each thing ?  I think we should make this a bit more clear.

Cheers

Mariano

Thx
T.