[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Torsten Bergmann
>Thanks Torsten. I wasn't aware of such package. So..for next release I will
>add a project reference from ConfigurationOfPharo to
>ConfigurationOfHelpSystem

No, please just add the package I've mentioned since the ConfigurationOfHelpSystem was before the integration into
Squeak/Pharo and would load old code.

Meanwhile we had adaptions (we dont have the Squeak
support code in Pharo for instance and vice versa).

Maybe we should remove ConfigurationOfHelpSystem since
it now adds more confusion.

>It is not clear for me where Help packages should be hosted. For
>example, ScriptManager host its own Help package in its own repository.
>But Metacello is in the HelpSystem repository.

The book for Metacello was just a demo - typically I would
expect them to be in the same repo as the code.
I dont want a "docu only" repo - if it is close to the code
it will be easier to know and maintain it.

Thx
T.

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Thanks Torsten. I wasn't aware of such package. So..for next release I will
>add a project reference from ConfigurationOfPharo to
>ConfigurationOfHelpSystem

No, please just add the package I've mentioned since the ConfigurationOfHelpSystem was before the integration into
Squeak/Pharo and would load old code.

Meanwhile we had adaptions (we dont have the Squeak
support code in Pharo for instance and vice versa).

Maybe we should remove ConfigurationOfHelpSystem since
it now adds more confusion.

Ok. Got it. I will then just load that package.

>It is not clear for me where Help packages should be hosted. For
>example, ScriptManager host its own Help package in its own repository.
>But Metacello is in the HelpSystem repository.

The book for Metacello was just a demo - typically I would
expect them to be in the same repo as the code.
I dont want a "docu only" repo - if it is close to the code
it will be easier to know and maintain it.

100% agree.

Dale, do you think it is worth to take the Help package from HelpSystem repository and put it in Metacello repo ?

Thanks

Mariano

Thx
T.

Re: [Metacello] Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Dale Henrichs
Mariano,

I'm not sure I am following ... What Help package are you referring to?

Dale
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>Thanks Torsten. I wasn't aware of such package. So..for next release I will
>add a project reference from ConfigurationOfPharo to
>ConfigurationOfHelpSystem

>It is not clear for me where Help packages should be hosted. For
>example, ScriptManager host its own Help package in its own repository.
>But Metacello is in the HelpSystem repository.

The book for Metacello was just a demo - typically I would
expect them to be in the same repo as the code.
I dont want a "docu only" repo - if it is close to the code
it will be easier to know and maintain it.

100% agree.

Dale, do you think it is worth to take the Help package from HelpSystem repository and put it in Metacello repo ?

Re: [Metacello] Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale. Repository: http://www.squeaksource.com/HelpSystem
package: Metacello-Help

maybe you were not even aware of such package (me neither) hahah

cheers

mariano

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:35 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano,

I'm not sure I am following ... What Help package are you referring to?

Dale
On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>Thanks Torsten. I wasn't aware of such package. So..for next release I will
>add a project reference from ConfigurationOfPharo to
>ConfigurationOfHelpSystem

>It is not clear for me where Help packages should be hosted. For
>example, ScriptManager host its own Help package in its own repository.
>But Metacello is in the HelpSystem repository.

The book for Metacello was just a demo - typically I would
expect them to be in the same repo as the code.
I dont want a "docu only" repo - if it is close to the code
it will be easier to know and maintain it.

100% agree.

Dale, do you think it is worth to take the Help package from HelpSystem repository and put it in Metacello repo ?

Re: [Metacello] Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11367-Beta1dev10.05.1

Dale Henrichs
You are right ... I didn't know about it ...

So the next question is....I can certainly host it in the primary metacello repository...should I add it to my metacello configuraiton as well, so it can be loaded? If so then I can certainly do that ... does the package have any dependencies that I need to be aware of?

Dale

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
You are right ... I didn't know about it ...

So the next question is....I can certainly host it in the primary metacello repository...should I add it to my metacello configuraiton as well, so it can be loaded? If so then I can certainly do that ...

yes!

does the package have any dependencies that I need to be aware of?

We should listen to Torsten but as far as I would expect, only HelpSystem, but it is already included in both PharoCore and Squeak. I have no idea about Gemstone.

Cheers

Mariano

Dale