[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks. I am glad to announce the Pharo 1.1 RC3. It has not too much changes in compare to RC2. The main change is the menu structure. I also updated to newest version of external packages.

Here is the image:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27241/Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1.zip

We would really appreaciate feedback and help to fix the failing tests.

Cheers

Mariano

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

Adrian Lienhard
Thanks, Mariano!

Here is the result of running all the tests: 15 failures, 76 errors

Failures:
NSFileStreamTest>>#testFlush21
ObjectAsOneTimeMethodWrapperTest>>#testInstallOnClassCategory
NSFileStreamTest>>#testPeek01
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
SHParserST80Test>>#testNumbers
NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileIn
NSFileStreamTest>>#testReadWriteText
NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
WeakRegistryTest>>#testFinalization
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNext01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testReadWriteBinary
NSFileStreamTest>>#testDo01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testSkip01
ObjectFinalizerTests>>#testFinalizationOfMultipleResources
MCInitializationTest>>#testWorkingCopy

Errors:
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileIn
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileInExpresion
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSRWBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testAtEnd01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testAtEnd11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testAtStart11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testBack11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testBack61
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testDo01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testFlush21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testGlobal
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testIsEmpty11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNext01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextInto01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextMatchFor01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllAppending21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllAppendingASet21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllReplacing21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllReplacingASet21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextPutAppending21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNextPutReplacing21
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testNexts01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testPeek01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testPeekFor01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testPosition11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testReset11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testSetPosition11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testSetToEnd11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testSize11
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testSkip01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testSkip61
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testUpToElementSatisfying01
NSCompressedSourceStreamTest>>#testWriteBack71
WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileIn
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileInExpresion
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOut
NSMCPseudoFileStreamTest>>#testFileOutFileIn
NSSmartRefStreamTest>>#testGlobal
NSMailAddressTokenizerTest>>#testNextElements
NSMultiByteBinaryOrTextStreamTest>>#testFileInExpresion
NSPipeTest>>#testScenario1
NSFileStreamTest>>#testAtEnd01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testAtEnd11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testAtStart11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testBack11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testBack61
NSFileStreamTest>>#testIsBinaryOnBinaryStream
NSFileStreamTest>>#testIsBinaryOnNonBinaryStream
NSFileStreamTest>>#testIsClosedTest
NSFileStreamTest>>#testIsEmpty11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextInto01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextMatchFor01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllAppending21
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllAppendingASet21
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllReplacing21
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextPutAllReplacingASet21
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextPutAppending21
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNextPutReplacing21
NSFileStreamTest>>#testNexts01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testPeekFor01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testPosition11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testReadWriteBinary2
NSFileStreamTest>>#testReadWriteText2
NSFileStreamTest>>#testReset11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testSetPosition11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testSetToEnd11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testSimpleWriteData
NSFileStreamTest>>#testSize11
NSFileStreamTest>>#testSkip61
NSFileStreamTest>>#testTruncateBinary
NSFileStreamTest>>#testTruncateText
NSFileStreamTest>>#testUpToElementSatisfying01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testWriteBack71
NSCollectionAdditionsTest>>#testMakeRoomForSmallCollections

Nile is broken because it sends #isFinalizationSupported, which does not exist anymore.

Adrian

On Jul 2, 2010, at 00:29 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks. I am glad to announce the Pharo 1.1 RC3. It has not too much
> changes in compare to RC2. The main change is the menu structure. I also
> updated to newest version of external packages.
>
> Here is the image:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27241/Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1.zip
>
> We would really appreaciate feedback and help to fix the failing tests.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

Mariano Martinez Peck

Thanks Andrian.  I have just fixed all Nile tests (see the other thread), and there were some new PharoCore for 1.1 with more green tests...so we are getting near. Soon I will create we will create an rc4.

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

NSFileStreamTest>>#testTruncateText
NSFileStreamTest>>#testUpToElementSatisfying01
NSFileStreamTest>>#testWriteBack71
NSCollectionAdditionsTest>>#testMakeRoomForSmallCollections

Nile is broken because it sends #isFinalizationSupported, which does not exist anymore.

Adrian

On Jul 2, 2010, at 00:29 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks. I am glad to announce the Pharo 1.1 RC3. It has not too much
> changes in compare to RC2. The main change is the menu structure. I also
> updated to newest version of external packages.
>
> Here is the image:
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27241/Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1.zip
>
> We would really appreaciate feedback and help to fix the failing tests.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

jfabry

This RC has problems with 02, I get the below 3 deprecated warnings when opening a new browser. Who do I notify?

The method Collection asSortedArray has been deprecated.
Use asArray sort
The method Collection asSortedArray has been deprecated.
Use asArray sort
The method Boolean and:and:and:and: has been deprecated.
Use and: instead

On 01 Jul 2010, at 18:29, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

Hi folks. I am glad to announce the Pharo 1.1 RC3. It has not too much changes in compare to RC2. The main change is the menu structure. I also updated to newest version of external packages.

Here is the image:

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27241/Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1.zip

We would really appreaciate feedback and help to fix the failing tests.

Cheers

Mariano

Johan Fabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

2010/7/2 Johan Fabry <[hidden email]>

This RC has problems with 02, I get the below 3 deprecated warnings when opening a new browser. Who do I notify?

To the O2 "mainteiners". Alexandre Bergel and David Röthlisberger as I am aware. I cc'ed them.

Cheers

Mariano

[...]

Alexandre Bergel
I can have a look at it within the next few days (I am currently in half-holidays).

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

jfabry

BTW it's even worse than initially thought: no classes are shown when I click on a category, and doing a find class yields a DNU. So the browser is basically broken.

On 05 Jul 2010, at 10:39, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> I can have a look at it within the next few days (I am currently in half-holidays).
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 2 Jul 2010, at 22:27, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

>> 2010/7/2 Johan Fabry <[hidden email]>
>>
>> This RC has problems with 02, I get the below 3 deprecated warnings when opening a new browser. Who do I notify?
>>

>> To the O2 "mainteiners". Alexandre Bergel and David Röthlisberger as I am aware. I cc'ed them.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano
>>
>> The method Collection asSortedArray has been deprecated.
>> Use asArray sort
>> The method Collection asSortedArray has been deprecated.
>> Use asArray sort
>> The method Boolean and:and:and:and: has been deprecated.
>> Use and: instead
>>
>> On 01 Jul 2010, at 18:29, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks. I am glad to announce the Pharo 1.1 RC3. It has not too much changes in compare to RC2. The main change is the menu structure. I also updated to newest version of external packages.
>>>
>>> Here is the image:
>>>
>>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27241/Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1.zip
>>>
>>> We would really appreaciate feedback and help to fix the failing tests.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>
>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

Alexandre Bergel
It is not clear what we (or at least I) should do.
Maintaining two browsers is clearly not an option.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 5 Jul 2010, at 16:53, Johan Fabry wrote:

> BTW it's even worse than initially thought: no classes are shown when I click on a category, and doing a find class yields a DNU. So the browser is basically broken.
>
> On 05 Jul 2010, at 10:39, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>> I can have a look at it within the next few days (I am currently in half-holidays).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 2 Jul 2010, at 22:27, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>

>>> 2010/7/2 Johan Fabry <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> This RC has problems with 02, I get the below 3 deprecated warnings when opening a new browser. Who do I notify?
>>>

>>> To the O2 "mainteiners". Alexandre Bergel and David Röthlisberger as I am aware. I cc'ed them.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>>
>>> The method Collection asSortedArray has been deprecated.
>>> Use asArray sort
>>> The method Collection asSortedArray has been deprecated.
>>> Use asArray sort
>>> The method Boolean and:and:and:and: has been deprecated.
>>> Use and: instead

>>> --
>>> Johan Fabry
>>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

jfabry

I vote for fixing O2!

On 05 Jul 2010, at 11:16, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> It is not clear what we (or at least I) should do.
> Maintaining two browsers is clearly not an option.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 5 Jul 2010, at 16:53, Johan Fabry wrote:
>

>> BTW it's even worse than initially thought: no classes are shown when I click on a category, and doing a find class yields a DNU. So the browser is basically broken.
>>
>> On 05 Jul 2010, at 10:39, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>>
>>> I can have a look at it within the next few days (I am currently in half-holidays).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre

>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

David Röthlisberger-2
I fixed O2 to make it work in latest Pharo.
Please test.

Cheers,
David

 > I vote for fixing O2!
 > On 05 Jul 2010, at 11:16, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
 >
 >> It is not clear what we (or at least I) should do.
 >> Maintaining two browsers is clearly not an option.
 >> Cheers,
 >> Alexandre
 >>
 >>
 >> On 5 Jul 2010, at 16:53, Johan Fabry wrote:
 >>
 >>> BTW it's even worse than initially thought: no classes are shown when I click on
a category, and doing a find class yields a DNU. So the browser is basically broken.

opening a new browser. Who do I notify?

changes in compare to RC2. The main change is the menu structure. I also updated to
newest version of external packages.

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

jfabry

It seems to work OK in rc4. Opens normally and I can browse without problems. Thanks David! :-)

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

Alexandre Bergel
Thanks David!

Alexandre

On 6 Jul 2010, at 15:52, Johan Fabry wrote:

> It seems to work OK in rc4. Opens normally and I can browse without problems. Thanks David! :-)
>
> On 06 Jul 2010, at 09:00, David Röthlisberger wrote:
>
>> I fixed O2 to make it work in latest Pharo.
>> Please test.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

thanks david
It would be great to start removing what does not work or rethink then like the smart groups.
I love smart groups but you were diving in your PhD and they need a bit love and care.

Stef

On Jul 6, 2010, at 3:00 PM, David Röthlisberger wrote:

> I fixed O2 to make it work in latest Pharo.
> Please test.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> > I vote for fixing O2!
> > On 05 Jul 2010, at 11:16, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
> >
> >> It is not clear what we (or at least I) should do.
> >> Maintaining two browsers is clearly not an option.
> >> Cheers,
> >> Alexandre

Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo-1.1-11406-rc3dev10.07.1

David Röthlisberger-2
yes, I agree.
I will spend time on that during the next days, weeks.