[BetaTesting] pharo-dev 10508- background mozaic

[BetaTesting] pharo-dev 10508- background mozaic

Laval Jannik-2

On Jan 26, 2010, at 10:57 , Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> I would to say that you make a great work for pharo, thank you :)
>
> Now, I have a small graphic issue when I enlarge the pharo window:
> the background is duplicated as a  mozaic. (I put a screenshot in attachment)
>
> I think we should have only one background and the rest in white.
>
> Cheers
>
> ---
> Jannik Laval
> ---

1.jpeg (20K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] pharo-dev 10508- background mozaic

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/1/27 Laval Jannik <[hidden email]>

On Jan 26, 2010, at 10:57 , Laval Jannik wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> I would to say that you make a great work for pharo, thank you :)

Thanks Jannik for the comments.

> Now, I have a small graphic issue when I enlarge the pharo window:
> the background is duplicated as a  mozaic. (I put a screenshot in attachment)

Yes I know...I shouldn't have done it. I though only beta testers were going to use that image and it was just for fun.

> I think we should have only one background and the rest in white.

Yes, and maybe the image centered. But I have NO IDEA how anything of that is done. I just know (and I have to look to see how it as done) how to put the image as background and how to remove it.

Do you know how to do what you said ?   I guess I will have to remove it for next image if we cannot fix it :(

Mariano

> Cheers
>
> ---
> Jannik Laval
> ---

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] pharo-dev 10508- background mozaic

SergeStinckwich
2010/1/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> 2010/1/27 Laval Jannik <[hidden email]>
>>
>> On Jan 26, 2010, at 10:57 , Laval Jannik wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Mariano,
>> >
>> > I would to say that you make a great work for pharo, thank you :)
>> >

> Thanks Jannik for the comments.
>

>> > Now, I have a small graphic issue when I enlarge the pharo window:
>> > the background is duplicated as a  mozaic. (I put a screenshot in
>> > attachment)
>> >

> Yes I know...I shouldn't have done it. I though only beta testers were going
> to use that image and it was just for fun.
>

>> > I think we should have only one background and the rest in white.
>>

> Yes, and maybe the image centered. But I have NO IDEA how anything of that
> is done. I just know (and I have to look to see how it as done) how to put
> the image as background and how to remove it.
>
> Do you know how to do what you said ?   I guess I will have to remove it for
> next image if we cannot fix it :(

An other minor annoying graphic problem occurs when you resize the
size of the Pharo window.
The position of the taskbar is only updated when you click on the background.

Thank you Mariano for pushing the 1.0 version of Pharo !

Do you have an estimation of when the 1.0 version will be out.
Something like a countdown with the todo tasks to achieve before the
final version is release. We are currently working on the final
translation of the PBE book in french and it could be great if we
synchronize the release of the translation with the release of Pharo
1.0.

Best regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] pharo-dev 10508- background mozaic

Stéphane Ducasse
We have been compiled a user friendly list describing all the things we did
(the big ones) I imagine that the network problem should be fixed.
(and I should not read and write mails).

Stef