Better menus and submenus

Offray
Hi,

I want to have a better way to organize menus and submenus in Moose. I
don't know if I'm stretching the platform to much, but at this moment I
don't like what I have.

Attached is a screenshot of my apprentice notebook made with Moose and
STON (as storage format). Because the idea of a notebook the actions on
it can get really diverse. I want to make somethings with the
tree/notebook, some with a project (a fossil repository with all the
history of the files that a notebook creates/needs) and some other with
tags. And because I have not named menus and submenus the one menu is
getting cluttered.

There is any way to add named menus or submenus to a moose application?

Thanks,

Offray

moose-menus.png (229K) Download Attachment

Re: Better menus and submenus

Tudor Girba-2
If you look in the GLMPresentation #act:* methods, you will see that some of them have categorized at the end. This will create a second level menu entry:

For example, for your case, you would use:
act: aBlock on: aCharacter entitled: 'Nuevo...' categorized: 'Arbol'

Cheers,
Doru

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:28 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I want to have a better way to organize menus and submenus in Moose. I don't know if I'm stretching the platform to much, but at this moment I don't like what I have.

Attached is a screenshot of my apprentice notebook made with Moose and STON (as storage format). Because the idea of a notebook the actions on it can get really diverse. I want to make somethings with the tree/notebook, some with a project (a fossil repository with all the history of the files that a notebook creates/needs) and some other with tags. And because I have not named menus and submenus the one menu is getting cluttered.

There is any way to add named menus or submenus to a moose application?

Thanks,

Offray

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Better menus and submenus

abergel
Hi!

I hesitated to answer since I do not want to push Roassal toward a UI framework (Roassal is about visualizing data, not creating user interfaces).

Maybe you want to have a look at the class RTMenuBuilderExamples. We wanted to have a lightweight way to build menu that smoothly integrate in a roassal script.
Here are some screenshots:

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Jan 11, 2015, at 8:28 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I want to have a better way to organize menus and submenus in Moose. I don't know if I'm stretching the platform to much, but at this moment I don't like what I have.

Attached is a screenshot of my apprentice notebook made with Moose and STON (as storage format). Because the idea of a notebook the actions on it can get really diverse. I want to make somethings with the tree/notebook, some with a project (a fossil repository with all the history of the files that a notebook creates/needs) and some other with tags. And because I have not named menus and submenus the one menu is getting cluttered.

There is any way to add named menus or submenus to a moose application?

Thanks,

Offray
<moose-menus.png>_______________________________________________
Moose-dev mailing list

Re: Better menus and submenus

Offray
Hi,

I will try first Tudor's option, but I have a question, Can this menus
be put in the border of a glamorous window? for example, in the same
place where I'm putting the menus shared in the screenshot in the first
message of this tread?

Cheers,

Offray

El 12/01/15 a las 08:17, Alexandre Bergel escribió:

> Hi!
>
> I hesitated to answer since I do not want to push Roassal toward a UI framework
> (Roassal is about visualizing data, not creating user interfaces).
>
> Maybe you want to have a look at the class RTMenuBuilderExamples. We wanted to
> have a lightweight way to build menu that smoothly integrate in a roassal script.
> Here are some screenshots:
>

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
> Alexandre Bergel http://www.bergel.eu
>

>> On Jan 11, 2015, at 8:28 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to have a better way to organize menus and submenus in Moose. I don't
>> know if I'm stretching the platform to much, but at this moment I don't like
>> what I have.
>>
>> Attached is a screenshot of my apprentice notebook made with Moose and STON
>> (as storage format). Because the idea of a notebook the actions on it can get
>> really diverse. I want to make somethings with the tree/notebook, some with a
>> project (a fossil repository with all the history of the files that a notebook
>> creates/needs) and some other with tags. And because I have not named menus
>> and submenus the one menu is getting cluttered.
>>
>> There is any way to add named menus or submenus to a moose application?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Offray
>> <moose-menus.png>_______________________________________________
>> Moose-dev mailing list

Re: Better menus and submenus

abergel
No idea, but I do not think so

<[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

[hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: Better menus and submenus

Offray
Thanks a lot! It looks a lot better. Syntax can be a little bit
repetitive for long submenus though. May be some alternative syntax to
declare a lot of options in a submenu instead of categorizing each one
can be added in the future.

Attached is the screenshot of the new look.

Cheers,

Offray

El 12/01/15 a las 01:38, Tudor Girba escribió:

> If you look in the GLMPresentation #act:* methods, you will see that some of
> them have categorized at the end. This will create a second level menu entry:
>
> For example, for your case, you would use:
> act: aBlock on: aCharacter entitled: 'Nuevo...' categorized: 'Arbol'
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 12:28 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
>
>      Hi,
>
>      I want to have a better way to organize menus and submenus in Moose. I don't
>      know if I'm stretching the platform to much, but at this moment I don't like
>      what I have.
>
>      Attached is a screenshot of my apprentice notebook made with Moose and STON
>      (as storage format). Because the idea of a notebook the actions on it can
>      get really diverse. I want to make somethings with the tree/notebook, some
>      with a project (a fossil repository with all the history of the files that a
>      notebook creates/needs) and some other with tags. And because I have not
>      named menus and submenus the one menu is getting cluttered.
>
>      There is any way to add named menus or submenus to a moose application?
>
>      Thanks,
>
>      Offray

> www.tudorgirba.com <http://www.tudorgirba.com>
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

moose-submenus.png (267K) Download Attachment