Better name for AidaCMS?

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

I'd like to ask you for an advice about a name for CMS part of Aida 6.0.
    Nicolas gave a very nice name for his blog - Scribo, can we find
something similar for CMS too? Maybe it would be nice if name goes
together with Aida, like Aida CMS, Aida Whatewer...

By the way, Nicolas, can we use your Scribo as part of Aida in the future?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicolas Petton

Le dimanche 11 novembre 2007 ? 12:16 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to ask you for an advice about a name for CMS part of Aida 6.0.
>     Nicolas gave a very nice name for his blog - Scribo, can we find
> something similar for CMS too? Maybe it would be nice if name goes
> together with Aida, like Aida CMS, Aida Whatewer...
>
> By the way, Nicolas, can we use your Scribo as part of Aida in the future?
Hi the list,

Of course :)

Scribo is under MIT license, but I can change it.
BTW, Scribo, is not only a blog, you can manage other structures, and
i'm currently working on it, so in the future Scribo will use aida CMS
(BiArt) structure instead of mine.

If you want, scribo can become a part of aida, as a CMS, with a blog
plugin, a forum plugin (i'm working on it too), etc. It needs a lot of
work, but if anyone is interested, I can give access right to the
repository.

I also have a Aida-RSS package, if anyone wants to help here too...

An other solution would be to keep Aida code as small as possible, and
create additional packages for cms, rss, etc, so the core would be
easier to maintain on different smalltalks.

Cheers,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicholas Moore
How about AidaWorld?

--

*Nicholas J Moore*
+33 555 092 140

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Better name for AidaCMS?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Nicolas and Nicholas,

I must admit that Scribo is for me the nicest name so far, even that
Scribo means more writing/authoring that content management, but
nevertheless it is a name to consider for CMS too, IMHO. And if I
understand you Nicolas correctly, you are for the name too, that is, to
be extended to a whole CMS?

Nicholas, yours AidaWorld is phonetically just too close to MSWord,
which has a negative connotation for many people, as you know .. :)
Otherwise it would be a good word too, implying a worldwide direction by
strong support of internationalization.

So, shall we go with Scribo, maybe Aida Scribo ahead?

Janko

nicolas petton wrote:

> Le dimanche 11 novembre 2007 ? 12:16 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'd like to ask you for an advice about a name for CMS part of Aida 6.0.
>>     Nicolas gave a very nice name for his blog - Scribo, can we find
>> something similar for CMS too? Maybe it would be nice if name goes
>> together with Aida, like Aida CMS, Aida Whatewer...
>>
>> By the way, Nicolas, can we use your Scribo as part of Aida in the future?
> Hi the list,
>
> Of course :)
>
> Scribo is under MIT license, but I can change it.
> BTW, Scribo, is not only a blog, you can manage other structures, and
> i'm currently working on it, so in the future Scribo will use aida CMS
> (BiArt) structure instead of mine.
>
> If you want, scribo can become a part of aida, as a CMS, with a blog
> plugin, a forum plugin (i'm working on it too), etc. It needs a lot of
> work, but if anyone is interested, I can give access right to the
> repository.
>
> I also have a Aida-RSS package, if anyone wants to help here too...
>
> An other solution would be to keep Aida code as small as possible, and
> create additional packages for cms, rss, etc, so the core would be
> easier to maintain on different smalltalks.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>> Best regards
>> Janko

Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicolas Petton

Le lundi 12 novembre 2007 ? 16:51 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> Hi Nicolas and Nicholas,
>
> I must admit that Scribo is for me the nicest name so far, even that
> Scribo means more writing/authoring that content management, but
> nevertheless it is a name to consider for CMS too, IMHO. And if I
> understand you Nicolas correctly, you are for the name too, that is, to
> be extended to a whole CMS?
Yes, Scribo will be a CMS, with extensions (blog and forom for now)

> Nicholas, yours AidaWorld is phonetically just too close to MSWord,
> which has a negative connotation for many people, as you know .. :)
> Otherwise it would be a good word too, implying a worldwide direction by
> strong support of internationalization.
>
> So, shall we go with Scribo, maybe Aida Scribo ahead?
I'm not sure to understand you Janko. Do you mean you want Scribo to be
the future Aida-CMS ?

Cheers!

Nicolas

> Janko
>

> nicolas petton wrote:
> > Le dimanche 11 novembre 2007 ? 12:16 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I'd like to ask you for an advice about a name for CMS part of Aida 6.0.
> >>     Nicolas gave a very nice name for his blog - Scribo, can we find
> >> something similar for CMS too? Maybe it would be nice if name goes
> >> together with Aida, like Aida CMS, Aida Whatewer...
> >>
> >> By the way, Nicolas, can we use your Scribo as part of Aida in the future?
> > Hi the list,
> >
> > Of course :)
> >
> > Scribo is under MIT license, but I can change it.
> > BTW, Scribo, is not only a blog, you can manage other structures, and
> > i'm currently working on it, so in the future Scribo will use aida CMS
> > (BiArt) structure instead of mine.
> >
> > If you want, scribo can become a part of aida, as a CMS, with a blog
> > plugin, a forum plugin (i'm working on it too), etc. It needs a lot of
> > work, but if anyone is interested, I can give access right to the
> > repository.
> >
> > I also have a Aida-RSS package, if anyone wants to help here too...
> >
> > An other solution would be to keep Aida code as small as possible, and
> > create additional packages for cms, rss, etc, so the core would be
> > easier to maintain on different smalltalks.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Nicolas
> >> Best regards
> >> Janko

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------

nicolas petton wrote:

>> I must admit that Scribo is for me the nicest name so far, even that
>> Scribo means more writing/authoring that content management, but
>> nevertheless it is a name to consider for CMS too, IMHO. And if I
>> understand you Nicolas correctly, you are for the name too, that is, to
>> be extended to a whole CMS?

> Yes, Scribo will be a CMS, with extensions (blog and forom for now)

>> Nicholas, yours AidaWorld is phonetically just too close to MSWord,
>> which has a negative connotation for many people, as you know .. :)
>> Otherwise it would be a good word too, implying a worldwide direction by
>> strong support of internationalization.
>>
>> So, shall we go with Scribo, maybe Aida Scribo ahead?

> I'm not sure to understand you Janko. Do you mean you want Scribo to be
> the future Aida-CMS ?

Scribo as a name I mean. And yes, a name for AidaCMS, which is a
temporary name for open-sourced part of BiArt anyway.

And I'm thinking to have Squeak categories like:

Aida-Scribo-Core   "here comes open-sourced part of BiArt CMS"
Aida-Scribo-Forum
Aida-Scribo-Blog
Aida-Scribo-Wiki
Aida-Scribo-Sites  "for websites like aidaweb.si"
Aida-Scribo-Templates "for templates, also foreign ones like Joomla"

or maybe AidaScribo-... ?

What do you think?

Best regards
Janko

>> nicolas petton wrote:
>>> Le dimanche 11 novembre 2007 ? 12:16 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

>>> Hi the list,
>>>
>>> Of course :)
>>>
>>> Scribo is under MIT license, but I can change it.
>>> BTW, Scribo, is not only a blog, you can manage other structures, and
>>> i'm currently working on it, so in the future Scribo will use aida CMS
>>> (BiArt) structure instead of mine.
>>>
>>> If you want, scribo can become a part of aida, as a CMS, with a blog
>>> plugin, a forum plugin (i'm working on it too), etc. It needs a lot of
>>> work, but if anyone is interested, I can give access right to the
>>> repository.
>>>
>>> I also have a Aida-RSS package, if anyone wants to help here too...
>>>
>>> An other solution would be to keep Aida code as small as possible, and
>>> create additional packages for cms, rss, etc, so the core would be
>>> easier to maintain on different smalltalks.

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicolas Petton

Le lundi 12 novembre 2007 ? 17:25 +0100, Janko Miv?ek a ?crit :

> nicolas petton wrote:
>
> >> I must admit that Scribo is for me the nicest name so far, even that
> >> Scribo means more writing/authoring that content management, but
> >> nevertheless it is a name to consider for CMS too, IMHO. And if I
> >> understand you Nicolas correctly, you are for the name too, that is, to
> >> be extended to a whole CMS?
>
> > Yes, Scribo will be a CMS, with extensions (blog and forom for now)
>
> >> Nicholas, yours AidaWorld is phonetically just too close to MSWord,
> >> which has a negative connotation for many people, as you know .. :)
> >> Otherwise it would be a good word too, implying a worldwide direction by
> >> strong support of internationalization.
> >>
> >> So, shall we go with Scribo, maybe Aida Scribo ahead?
>
> > I'm not sure to understand you Janko. Do you mean you want Scribo to be
> > the future Aida-CMS ?
>
> Scribo as a name I mean. And yes, a name for AidaCMS, which is a
> temporary name for open-sourced part of BiArt anyway.
>
> And I'm thinking to have Squeak categories like:
>
> Aida-Scribo-Core   "here comes open-sourced part of BiArt CMS"
> Aida-Scribo-Forum
> Aida-Scribo-Blog
> Aida-Scribo-Wiki
> Aida-Scribo-Sites  "for websites like aidaweb.si"
> Aida-Scribo-Templates "for templates, also foreign ones like Joomla"
>
> or maybe AidaScribo-... ?
>
> What do you think?

But my work is already named Scribo...
Ok, I can find another one, but I like it :)

Can we find another name for the opensource version of BiArt ?

Cheers,

Nicolas

nicolas petton wrote:

>> or maybe AidaScribo-... ?
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
> But my work is already named Scribo...
> Ok, I can find another one, but I like it :)
>
> Can we find another name for the opensource version of BiArt ?

D'accord, let we continue search for the name, so that Scribo stays a
name for a blog only. So, any more ideas?

Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicholas Moore
How about:

AidaOpen

AidaContent

AidaSesame

AidaEntrez

AidaFlow

AidaEtoile

AidaElegance

AidaPower

... or even ...

AidaCMS!!

:-)

?
Nicholas

--

*Nicholas Moore
Limoges

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicolas Petton
Thanks Nicholas,

But we may finally keep Aida/Scribo ... :)

Cheers,

Nicolas

Le jeudi 15 novembre 2007 ? 17:59 +0100, Nicholas Moore a ?crit :

> How about:
>
> AidaOpen
>
> AidaContent
>
> AidaSesame
>
> AidaEntrez
>
> AidaFlow
>
> AidaEtoile
>
> AidaElegance
>
> AidaPower
>
> ... or even ...
>
> AidaCMS!!
>
> :-)
>
> ?
> Nicholas
>
> Janko Miv?ek wrote:

> > > But my work is already named Scribo...
> > > Ok, I can find another one, but I like it :)
> > >
> > > Can we find another name for the opensource version of BiArt ?
> > >

> > D'accord, let we continue search for the name, so that Scribo stays a
> > name for a blog only. So, any more ideas?
> >
> > Janko
> >

> --
>

> Nicholas Moore
> Limoges
> France

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr
             ___
           ooooooo
          OOOOOOOOO
         |Smalltalk|
          OOOOOOOOO
           ooooooo
            \   /
             [|]
--------------------------------
Ma cl? GPG est disponible ici :
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xE788C34D

Une pi?ce jointe non texte a ?t? nettoy?e...
Nom: non disponible
Type: application/pgp-signature
Taille: 189 octets
Desc: Ceci est une partie de message

Better name for AidaCMS?

Nicholas Moore
Good! I like Scribo.

nicolas petton wrote:

> Thanks Nicholas,
>
> But we may finally keep Aida/Scribo ... :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nicolas
>
> Le jeudi 15 novembre 2007 ? 17:59 +0100, Nicholas Moore a ?crit :
>
>> How about:
>>
>> AidaOpen
>>
>> AidaContent
>>
>> AidaSesame
>>
>> AidaEntrez
>>
>> AidaFlow
>>
>> AidaEtoile
>>
>> AidaElegance
>>
>> AidaPower
>>
>> ... or even ...
>>
>> AidaCMS!!
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> ?
>> Nicholas
>>
>> Janko Miv?ek wrote:

>>> D'accord, let we continue search for the name, so that Scribo stays a
>>> name for a blog only. So, any more ideas?
>>>
>>> Janko
>>>

>> --
>>

>> Nicholas Moore
>> Limoges
>> France

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

CMS will be named Aida/Scribo

Janko Mivšek
Dear all,

Here it is, a name for our CMS: Aida/Scribo! Thanks Nicolas for
inventing it and specially for permission to use it for a whole CMS,
besides your blog!

So now we will have two main things:

        Aida/Web as a core web framework, including Swazoo web server
        Aida/Scribo for CMS including blog, wiki, sites, templates etc.

Or with short names: Aida and Scribo, as there is Zope and Plone!

I'm really delighted on that and now it is a time to move forward. First
I need to separate BiArt CMS into Scribo core and BiArt rest, on top of
core Nicolas will put his blog and extend core with his ideas .. just
perfect, I'm hardly waiting for that!

Thanks also to Nicholas for name ideas! We will for sure search names in
the future again .. :)

Best regards
JAnko