Big Pharo 6 Image (32 bit) crashes while garbage collecting

Big Pharo 6 Image (32 bit) crashes while garbage collecting

cdelaunay
Hello,

I am running a Pharo 6 32 bit image (Pharo 6.0
Latest update: #60499).
I saved this image after loading big data in memory (image is 995 MB).
After saving, the image became "unstable", and always crashed after doing some random actions.
I tries to open the image and perform: Smalltalk garbageCollect.
The image systematically crashes.
I Join the dump files I have been able to collect.

--
Cyrille Delaunay

crash.dmp (18K) Download Attachment
crash.dmp (497K) Download Attachment

Re: Big Pharo 6 Image (32 bit) crashes while garbage collecting

Stephane Ducasse-3
Tx cyril
Which os? Mac?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Cyrille Delaunay
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running a Pharo 6 32 bit image (Pharo 6.0
> Latest update: #60499).
> I saved this image after loading big data in memory (image is 995 MB).
> After saving, the image became "unstable", and always crashed after doing
> some random actions.
> I tries to open the image and perform: Smalltalk garbageCollect.
> The image systematically crashes.
> I Join the dump files I have been able to collect.

> Cyrille Delaunay

Re: Big Pharo 6 Image (32 bit) crashes while garbage collecting

Stephane Ducasse-3
Cyril
did you try the 64 bits?
Because the 32 bits is not made for 1Gb image
Stef

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Stephane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tx cyril
> Which os? Mac?
>
> On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Cyrille Delaunay
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running a Pharo 6 32 bit image (Pharo 6.0
>> Latest update: #60499).
>> I saved this image after loading big data in memory (image is 995 MB).
>> After saving, the image became "unstable", and always crashed after doing
>> some random actions.
>> I tries to open the image and perform: Smalltalk garbageCollect.
>> The image systematically crashes.
>> I Join the dump files I have been able to collect.

>> Cyrille Delaunay

Re: Big Pharo 6 Image (32 bit) crashes while garbage collecting

cdelaunay
This is on Mac OS Sierra (Version 10.12.1).
I did not try yet with 64 bit, but I will !

Cyrille Delaunay

Re: Big Pharo 6 Image (32 bit) crashes while garbage collecting

philippeback
Try to run this https://gist.github.com/philippeback/39c63bb5aa26b79098511cdfea4fea7e

It helped me once or twice.

Close all windows except the new playground for running the code.

Phil