Binary-files in OmniBase

Dimitri Minich
Hello,
is it possible to store MWord-Files or *.gif-files with OmniBase?
How?

Thanks

Dimitri

Re: Binary-files in OmniBase

Christopher J. Demers
"Dimitri Minich" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hello,
> is it possible to store MWord-Files or *.gif-files with OmniBase?
> How?

Not being a real OmniBase user I can only hazard a guess.  I use STS, and it
uses OmniBase.  I think you might try a ByteArray.  You can load the file
into a ByteArray, and then it seems that you can persist that.  Others may
know better...

Chris

Re: Binary-files in OmniBase

David Gorisek-5
As Cristopher already mentioned you can store bytes with OmniBase. Depending
of the class you are using to represent a MS Word document or a GIF image
you could store that too. As long as an object does not hold external
resources you can store it in OmniBase. If an object holds external
resources you will have to adapt serialization/deserialization to
disconnect/reconnect to external resource upon save/load.

BTW: Chris De Groot has setup an OmniBase swiki where OmniBase internals are
being discussed. See http://swiki.cdegroot.com/omnibase

Best regards,

David Gorisek

"Christopher J. Demers" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:b55eq9$21h0rp$[hidden email]...