Bitmap definition

marten
Hello,

I have a question regarding the bitmap definition - what is the internal
bitmap definition within Squeak/Pharo ?

I would like to convert bitmaps read via my FreeImage wrapper into the
internal format of Pharo/Squeak ...

Marten

Re: Bitmap definition

Tobias Pape
Hi

Am 05.04.2013 um 20:31 schrieb Marten Feldtmann <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a question regarding the bitmap definition - what is the internal bitmap definition within Squeak/Pharo ?
>
> I would like to convert bitmaps read via my FreeImage wrapper into the internal format of Pharo/Squeak ...

Squeak (and I think Pharo, too) can handle various Bitmap
formats, including BMP, JPG, and PNG.
  For its own stuff such as UI, Code browsers and similar,
Both use ‘Form’s.

So, you probably want to have a look at classes
from the ImageReadWriter hierarchy:

        ImageReadWriter
                BMPReadWriter
                GIFReadWriter
                        AnimatedGIFReadWriter
                JPEGReadWriter
                JPEGReadWriter2
                PCXReadWriter
                PNGReadWriter
                PNMReadWriter
                XBMReadWriter

or the class

        Form

and its relatives.
Note that both can be used together and converted into each other.

Best
seaside mailing list