Black background for new Toolbar Icons

12

Re: Black background for new Toolbar Icons

Andy Bower-3
Bill,

> > If you do choose to deploy an application and run it on one of the
> > earlier versions of Windows, you will need to make sure that you do
> > not use any features of the operating system that are not available
> > in that version.
>
> Fair enough, but given that the first defect I noticed was improper
> redraw of list boxes, my level of confidence is not high re end-use
> experience on 2k.  If these things are simple problems, then I
> advice/implore you to fix it.

Try changing the #isVirtual mode of that list box to true.
Also read my comment to Tim about how to improve the colour scheming on
Win2K (to get rid of the errant thin blue bar).

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Black background for new Toolbar Icons

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Andy,

> Try changing the #isVirtual mode of that list box to true.

Will do.

> Also read my comment to Tim about how to improve the colour scheming on
> Win2K (to get rid of the errant thin blue bar).

It seems unlikely to help, as non-client elements (scroll bars) are not
being drawn.  It goes beyond appearance and gets to functionality.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Black background for new Toolbar Icons

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Andy,

> It seems unlikely to help, as non-client elements (scroll bars) are not
> being drawn.  It goes beyond appearance and gets to functionality.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I suspect you think I am upset about said
blue bar, when I am not.  It is true that I removed it from beta 1 and
might do that (or just change the color as you suggest) by script [*],
but it's purely cosmetic and not bothering me.  My concerns are with
functional items that seem likely to impact end users who cannot leave
2k at the moment.

[*] I do some resizing (make source panes larger etc.) and other tweaks
ot a fresh image, and am slowly automating all of that.  This would be
just another item for the list.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Black background for new Toolbar Icons

TimM-3
> [*] I do some resizing (make source panes larger etc.) and other tweaks ot
> a fresh image, and am slowly automating all of that.  This would be just
> another item for the list.

That sounds interesting - are you just doing some PostInstall stuff in a
script? Wouldn't mind seeing what you do if you don't mind sharing?

Tim

Re: Black background for new Toolbar Icons

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Tim,

>>[*] I do some resizing (make source panes larger etc.) and other tweaks ot
>>a fresh image, and am slowly automating all of that.  This would be just
>>another item for the list.
>

> That sounds interesting - are you just doing some PostInstall stuff in a
> script? Wouldn't mind seeing what you do if you don't mind sharing?

Most of the real setup work goes on in Migrate (see my goodies), though
there are some stray pieces that I  keep separate (such as activating
IDE extensions).  That way, I can use the new image to debug them from a
stable configuration vs. waiting for the whole thing to load several
times only to discover that it keep rolling over at the end.

Another goodie that might interest you is ViewGenerator, though for
small tweaks, scripting the view composer is just as effective and
avoids the overhead.

A good starting point is to look for one of Blair's posts a while back,
showing how to use the VC to resave all views.  That is a good
optimization, because it potentially avoids STB conversions every time
any given view loads.  Add some #viewNamed: sends followed by some
setters, and you do automate systematic changes.  Again, I recommend
keeping that just slightly separate from your main load script; the
smaller the detail, the more likely it is to change between releases.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.