Blinking Cursor - (WAS: Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing , subPixel AA))

Blinking Cursor - (WAS: Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing , subPixel AA))

Torsten Bergmann
Hi there,

attached is a "blinking cursor" implementation for Pharo
ported/inspired from/by the Morphic Text improvements done by Andreas [1].

The more general question I have is:
is it "legally" possible to port and include stuff like this from the
new "squeak trunk" into pharo? Andreas is not (yet) on the list of
License Agreement Signers.

Does anyone know if the new "squeak trunk" is already MIT license?

Thanks
Torsten

[1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-August/138025.html

BlinkingCursor.1.cs (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Blinking Cursor - (WAS: Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing , subPixel AA))

Stéphane Ducasse

On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> attached is a "blinking cursor" implementation for Pharo
> ported/inspired from/by the Morphic Text improvements done by
> Andreas [1].

cool!

> The more general question I have is:
> is it "legally" possible to port and include stuff like this from the
> new "squeak trunk" into pharo? Andreas is not (yet) on the list of
> License Agreement Signers.
>
> Does anyone know if the new "squeak trunk" is already MIT license?

I do not know how Squeak manage their MITness.
May be ask andreas.
I would like to see code moving between forks not stopped because of
license.
For CUIS code juan signed the pharo license agreement.

Stef

> Thanks
> Torsten
>
> [1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2009-August/138025.html

> <BlinkingCursor.1.cs>_______________________________________________

Re: Blinking Cursor - (WAS: Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing , subPixel AA))

On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> <BlinkingCursor.1.cs>

Re: Blinking Cursor - (WAS: Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing , subPixel AA))

SergeStinckwich
2009/8/5 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>:

> Hi there,
>
> attached is a "blinking cursor" implementation for Pharo
> ported/inspired from/by the Morphic Text improvements done by Andreas [1].
>
> The more general question I have is:
> is it "legally" possible to port and include stuff like this from the
> new "squeak trunk" into pharo? Andreas is not (yet) on the list of
> License Agreement Signers.
>
> Does anyone know if the new "squeak trunk" is already MIT license?

Yes, every code submitted to squeak trunk is under MIT licence.
Written here : http://squeakboard.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/a-new-community-development-model/

--
Serge Stinckwich
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Blinking Cursor - (WAS: Enhanced StrikeFonts (antiAliasing , subPixel AA))

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/8/5 Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]>
Hi there,

attached is a "blinking cursor" implementation for Pharo
ported/inspired from/by the Morphic Text improvements done by Andreas [1].

Hi! I just tested and seems nice! The only weird thing I found is that the cursor still blinks when moving it. I think I must only blink when it is stop.
What do you think?