Bloc Naming Suggestion

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
What do you think about removing the #Attribute suffix from all the
BrTextAttribute subclasses? The names seem pretty long (e.g.
BrFontGenericFamilyAttribute, the longest) and IMHO `BrTextAttribute
subclass: #BrFontWeight` is adequately intention revealing. Thoughts?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Bloc Naming Suggestion

Tudor Girba-2
I think it’s not a bad idea.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: Bloc Naming Suggestion

Stephane Ducasse-3
+1

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it’s not a bad idea.
>
> Doru
>
>> On Nov 19, 2017, at 4:31 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What do you think about removing the #Attribute suffix from all the
>> BrTextAttribute subclasses? The names seem pretty long (e.g.
>> BrFontGenericFamilyAttribute, the longest) and IMHO `BrTextAttribute
>> subclass: #BrFontWeight` is adequately intention revealing. Thoughts?
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: Bloc Naming Suggestion

Nicolas Cellier
I see same kind of names in Opal exceptions
Maybe the intention was to clearly distinguish Error from Warning (proceedable), but the hierarchy tells already.

OCSemanticError
OCStoreIntoReadOnlyVariableError could be just OCStoreIntoReadOnlyVariable
OCStoreIntoSpecialVariableError -> OCStoreIntoSpecialVariable

OCSemanticWarning
OCShadowVariableWarning
OCUndeclaredVariableWarning

Note that removing the Warning suffix might lead to ambiguous names...
OCUndeclaredVariable might be confused as being a Variable.
So maybe OCVariableUndeclared or OCVariableIsUndeclared

+1

On Sun, Nov 19, 2017 at 4:34 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think it’s not a bad idea.
>
> Doru
>
>> On Nov 19, 2017, at 4:31 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What do you think about removing the #Attribute suffix from all the
>> BrTextAttribute subclasses? The names seem pretty long (e.g.
>> BrFontGenericFamilyAttribute, the longest) and IMHO `BrTextAttribute
>> subclass: #BrFontWeight` is adequately intention revealing. Thoughts?
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: Bloc Naming Suggestion

Stephane Ducasse-3
In Opal I would keep it because this is about error and warning and
you are not all the time manipulating them
while for Bloc as soon as you use text you will have  to.