Bloc: Ominous Black External Window

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Everything was working "okay" (although the examples seemed very slow to respond). Then, without apparent cause, now BlBasicExamples>>exampleGeometry (and all the other examples I tried) show a native window with blank (black) contents. Why is that happening and how does one debug something like that? Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Bloc: Ominous Black External Window

Glenn Cavarlé
Hi Sean,
i know you are on mac but what is the Bloc version you loaded?
If it is the 0.11, there are some issues with OSWindow on mac, does the problem temporarily gone when you relaunch your image?
On the master branch, we currently don't use OSWindow abstraction but only the SDL2 binding. This fixed some issues we had on mac, so, tell me if you face the same issue with the master branch.

Else, if you face some unexpected behaviors,  you can first try to evaluate "BlUniverse reset".

Regards,
Glenn.
Glenn Cavarlé

Re: Bloc: Ominous Black External Window

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Glenn Cavarlé wrote
what is the Bloc version you loaded?
IDK. I loaded via: "Metacello new baseline:'Bloc'; repository: 'github://pharo-graphics/Bloc/src'; load:#core".

Glenn Cavarlé wrote
you can first try to evaluate "BlUniverse reset".
That corrected the problem. Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Bloc: Ominous Black External Window

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Sean,

Great.

Could you describe the situation and the concrete path that fixed it for you so that we can extend the instruction on the GitHub page?

Cheers,
Doru

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 5:11 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Glenn Cavarlé wrote
>> what is the Bloc version you loaded?
>
> IDK. I loaded via: "Metacello new baseline:'Bloc'; repository:
> 'github://pharo-graphics/Bloc/src'; load:#core".
>

> Glenn Cavarlé wrote
>> you can first try to evaluate "BlUniverse reset".
>
> That corrected the problem. Thanks.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: Bloc: Ominous Black External Window

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
Could you describe the situation
There was no clear cause. While playing with the examples, suddenly when Bloc opened an external window, the contents were black, and existing windows were uncloseable via the title bar button.

Tudor Girba-2 wrote
the concrete path that fixed it
BlUniverse reset
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Bloc: Ominous Black External Window

Aliaksei Syrel
I also experience the same issue on mac time to time.
Situation is the same as with previous implementation based on OSWindow.

Cheers,
Alex

Tudor Girba-2 wrote