Bloc Tutorial

horrido
I'm following the tutorial in the MemoryGame booklet. When I run the game and click on any square, I get:

The method BlBaseAnimation>>#startOn: called from MgCardElement>>#onFlippedFace has been deprecated.
Use BlElement>>#addAnimation:

The tutorial is out of sync. How can I proceed?

Is there another way to learn how to use Bloc?

Re: Bloc Tutorial

Andrei Chis
Hi,

Thanks for the bug report.
Can you try loading the latest version for the code of the tutorial. I fixed the deprecation warning.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:49 PM Richard Kenneth Eng <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm following the tutorial in the MemoryGame booklet. When I run the game and click on any square, I get:

The method BlBaseAnimation>>#startOn: called from MgCardElement>>#onFlippedFace has been deprecated.
Use BlElement>>#addAnimation:

The tutorial is out of sync. How can I proceed?

Is there another way to learn how to use Bloc?

Re: Bloc Tutorial

horrido
If you're referring to this:

Metacello new
    baseline: 'BlocTutorials';
    repository: 'github://pharo-graphics/Tutorials/src';
    load

It made no difference. Same error message.

Andrei Chis wrote

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the bug report.
> Can you try loading the latest version for the code of the tutorial. I
> fixed the deprecation warning.
>
> Let us know if you encounter any other issues.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:49 PM Richard Kenneth Eng <

> horrido.hobbies@

>> wrote:
>
>> I'm following the tutorial in the MemoryGame booklet. When I run the game
>> and click on any square, I get:
>>
>> The method BlBaseAnimation>>#startOn: called from
>> MgCardElement>>#onFlippedFace has been deprecated.
>> Use BlElement>>#addAnimation:
>>
>> The tutorial is out of sync. How can I proceed?
>>
>> Is there another way to learn how to use Bloc?

Re: Bloc Tutorial

Andrei Chis
If you already have the repository cloned, running the code that you mentioned does not update the content of the repository.
Hence, the existing version will be loaded again.

Instead you need to do a pull using Iceberg to update the content of the repository and the code.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you're referring to this:

Metacello new
    baseline: 'BlocTutorials';
    repository: 'github://pharo-graphics/Tutorials/src';
    load

It made no difference. Same error message.

Andrei Chis wrote
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the bug report.
> Can you try loading the latest version for the code of the tutorial. I
> fixed the deprecation warning.
>
> Let us know if you encounter any other issues.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:49 PM Richard Kenneth Eng <

> horrido.hobbies@

>> wrote:
>
>> I'm following the tutorial in the MemoryGame booklet. When I run the game
>> and click on any square, I get:
>>
>> The method BlBaseAnimation>>#startOn: called from
>> MgCardElement>>#onFlippedFace has been deprecated.
>> Use BlElement>>#addAnimation:
>>
>> The tutorial is out of sync. How can I proceed?
>>
>> Is there another way to learn how to use Bloc?

Re: Bloc Tutorial

horrido
???

I'm not using a cloned repository. I'm using Metacello just like in the
snippet I showed you. Shouldn't it pull in the latest repo?

I've never used Iceberg; I don't know how to use it. I don't really want to
fuck around with GitHub. I don't want to be pulled into a rabbit hole.

Andrei Chis wrote

> If you already have the repository cloned, running the code that you
> mentioned does not update the content of the repository.
> Hence, the existing version will be loaded again.
>
> Instead you need to do a pull using Iceberg to update the content of the
> repository and the code.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM horrido &lt;

> horrido.hobbies@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> If you're referring to this:
>>
>> Metacello new
>>     baseline: 'BlocTutorials';
>>     repository: 'github://pharo-graphics/Tutorials/src';
>>     load
>>
>> It made no difference. Same error message.
>>

>> Andrei Chis wrote
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the bug report.
>> > Can you try loading the latest version for the code of the tutorial. I
>> > fixed the deprecation warning.
>> >
>> > Let us know if you encounter any other issues.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andrei
>> >
>> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:49 PM Richard Kenneth Eng <
>>
>> > horrido.hobbies@

>> game

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Bloc Tutorial

Andrei Chis
If you use repositories that start with `github://` in Metacello you are using Iceberg. Iceberg is used to clone and load the code. Metacello is just the interface through which that is done.

Running the loading instruction does not pull new changes from remote repositories.

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
???

I'm not using a cloned repository. I'm using Metacello just like in the
snippet I showed you. Shouldn't it pull in the latest repo?

I've never used Iceberg; I don't know how to use it. I don't really want to
fuck around with GitHub. I don't want to be pulled into a rabbit hole.

Andrei Chis wrote
> If you already have the repository cloned, running the code that you
> mentioned does not update the content of the repository.
> Hence, the existing version will be loaded again.
>
> Instead you need to do a pull using Iceberg to update the content of the
> repository and the code.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM horrido &lt;

> horrido.hobbies@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> If you're referring to this:
>>
>> Metacello new
>>     baseline: 'BlocTutorials';
>>     repository: 'github://pharo-graphics/Tutorials/src';
>>     load
>>
>> It made no difference. Same error message.
>>

>> Andrei Chis wrote
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Thanks for the bug report.
>> > Can you try loading the latest version for the code of the tutorial. I
>> > fixed the deprecation warning.
>> >
>> > Let us know if you encounter any other issues.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andrei
>> >
>> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 6:49 PM Richard Kenneth Eng <
>>
>> > horrido.hobbies@

>> game

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Bloc Tutorial

horrido
So how do I force Iceberg to reload?

Andrei Chis wrote
> If you use repositories that start with `github://` in Metacello you are
> using Iceberg. Iceberg is used to clone and load the code. Metacello is
> just the interface through which that is done.
>
> Running the loading instruction does not pull new changes from remote
> repositories.
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM horrido &lt;

> horrido.hobbies@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> ???
>>
>> I'm not using a cloned repository. I'm using Metacello just like in the
>> snippet I showed you. Shouldn't it pull in the latest repo?
>>
>> I've never used Iceberg; I don't know how to use it. I don't really want
>> fuck around with GitHub. I don't want to be pulled into a rabbit hole.
>>

>> Andrei Chis wrote
>> > If you already have the repository cloned, running the code that you
>> > mentioned does not update the content of the repository.
>> > Hence, the existing version will be loaded again.
>> >
>> > Instead you need to do a pull using Iceberg to update the content of
>> the
>> > repository and the code.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andrei
>> >
>> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM horrido &lt;
>>
>> > horrido.hobbies@

>> the

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Bloc Tutorial

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The simplest thing is to take a fresh image, in a fresh directory and rerun the Metacello script. Let us know how it works.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Feb 18, 2019, at 12:28 AM, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So how do I force Iceberg to reload?
>

> Andrei Chis wrote
>> If you use repositories that start with `github://` in Metacello you are
>> using Iceberg. Iceberg is used to clone and load the code. Metacello is
>> just the interface through which that is done.
>>
>> Running the loading instruction does not pull new changes from remote
>> repositories.
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM horrido &lt;
>
>> horrido.hobbies@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>
>>> ???
>>>
>>> I'm not using a cloned repository. I'm using Metacello just like in the
>>> snippet I showed you. Shouldn't it pull in the latest repo?
>>>
>>> I've never used Iceberg; I don't know how to use it. I don't really want
>>> fuck around with GitHub. I don't want to be pulled into a rabbit hole.
>>>

>>> Andrei Chis wrote

>>> the

>>> the

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

www.feenk.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: Bloc Tutorial

Andrei Chis
In the same image you can do that from the Iceberg user interface. You can open Iceberg from the Tools menu.
Then right click on the Tutorial project and from the context menu select Pull.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 12:29 AM horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
So how do I force Iceberg to reload?

Andrei Chis wrote
> If you use repositories that start with `github://` in Metacello you are
> using Iceberg. Iceberg is used to clone and load the code. Metacello is
> just the interface through which that is done.
>
> Running the loading instruction does not pull new changes from remote
> repositories.
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:11 PM horrido &lt;

> horrido.hobbies@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> ???
>>
>> I'm not using a cloned repository. I'm using Metacello just like in the
>> snippet I showed you. Shouldn't it pull in the latest repo?
>>
>> I've never used Iceberg; I don't know how to use it. I don't really want
>> fuck around with GitHub. I don't want to be pulled into a rabbit hole.
>>

>> Andrei Chis wrote
>> > If you already have the repository cloned, running the code that you
>> > mentioned does not update the content of the repository.
>> > Hence, the existing version will be loaded again.
>> >
>> > Instead you need to do a pull using Iceberg to update the content of
>> the
>> > repository and the code.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Andrei
>> >
>> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 8:06 PM horrido &lt;
>>
>> > horrido.hobbies@

>> the

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html