[Block] coding style

1 message Options

[Block] coding style

Bob Nemec
This post was updated on .
Since the subject of Smalltalk coding conventions has come up, I'd like to ask (politely) why the Seaside code has a lot of blocks with extra white spaces.  [ :each | code ] vs. [:each | code]

Not a criticism, just curious ... it's one of those visual speed bumps that I keep tripping over.

FWIW: my coding style was influenced by Kent Beck's "Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns".  As he points out, there is no good or bad coding style, but following common conventions does make it easier to read other people's code.

Bob Nemec

Bob Nemec