BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

garduino
Hi Folks:

Working with xmlrpc, at server level, I noted that even the latest
version of Komanche (KomHttpServer-pmm.63) use #fixTemps (for example
in #procesHttp method in BlockClosure). Being that #fixTemps is
deprecated, is correct that is already there?

Cheers.
Germán.

Re: BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

Philippe Marschall
2011/2/7 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Folks:
>
> Working with xmlrpc, at server level, I noted that even the latest
> version of Komanche (KomHttpServer-pmm.63) use #fixTemps (for example
> in #procesHttp method in BlockClosure). Being that #fixTemps is
> deprecated, is correct that is already there?

Nope it isn't. It should be on BlockContext but not BlockClosure it
fixed that a while ago but apparently missed one. Anyway
KomHttpServer-pmm.64 should be good.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

garduino
Thanks by the response Philippe, will check.

Cheers.

2011/2/7 Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:

> 2011/2/7 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Folks:
>>
>> Working with xmlrpc, at server level, I noted that even the latest
>> version of Komanche (KomHttpServer-pmm.63) use #fixTemps (for example
>> in #procesHttp method in BlockClosure). Being that #fixTemps is
>> deprecated, is correct that is already there?
>
> Nope it isn't. It should be on BlockContext but not BlockClosure it
> fixed that a while ago but apparently missed one. Anyway
> KomHttpServer-pmm.64 should be good.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

garduino
Hi:

I added a new ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer:

Added version '1.0.8'. It load KomHttpServer-pmm.64.mcz that solves
the deprecated #fixTemps in BlockClosure>>processHttp.

I not modified the #stable version, then to load the 1.0.8 call:

(ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer project version:'1.0.8') load.

Cheers.

2011/2/7 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks by the response Philippe, will check.
>
> Cheers.
>
> 2011/2/7 Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:
>> 2011/2/7 Germán Arduino <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi Folks:
>>>
>>> Working with xmlrpc, at server level, I noted that even the latest
>>> version of Komanche (KomHttpServer-pmm.63) use #fixTemps (for example
>>> in #procesHttp method in BlockClosure). Being that #fixTemps is
>>> deprecated, is correct that is already there?
>>
>> Nope it isn't. It should be on BlockContext but not BlockClosure it
>> fixed that a while ago but apparently missed one. Anyway
>> KomHttpServer-pmm.64 should be good.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

Re: [Metacello] Re: [Seaside] BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

Dale Henrichs
Germán,

Good. I am working on the configuration for Seaside3.0.4 and in the
process I will make sure that all of the symbolic versions are updated
correctly ... The Seaside3.0.4 configuration will make use of symbolic
versions whereever necessary.

Dale

On 02/15/2011 10:11 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I added a new ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer:
>
> Added version '1.0.8'. It load KomHttpServer-pmm.64.mcz that solves
> the deprecated #fixTemps in BlockClosure>>processHttp.
>
> I not modified the #stable version, then to load the 1.0.8 call:
>
> (ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer project version:'1.0.8') load.
>
> Cheers.
>

> 2011/2/7 Germán Arduino<[hidden email]>:
>> Thanks by the response Philippe, will check.
>>
>> Cheers.

>>> Nope it isn't. It should be on BlockContext but not BlockClosure it
>>> fixed that a while ago but apparently missed one. Anyway
>>> KomHttpServer-pmm.64 should be good.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe

Re: [Metacello] Re: [Seaside] BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

garduino
Hi Dale!

I was precisely thinking about this question.....who decides what
version is #stable for example (in a package that is not owned by the
guy that modify the configuration)? I was tempted of qualify as
#stable the 1.0.8 of Kom because includes the #fixTemps fix,
but....but who knows the other implications that they may bring.

Just thinking about......

Germán.

2011/2/15 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:

> Germán,
>
> Good. I am working on the configuration for Seaside3.0.4 and in the process
> I will make sure that all of the symbolic versions are updated correctly ...
> The Seaside3.0.4 configuration will make use of symbolic versions whereever
> necessary.
>
> Dale
>
> On 02/15/2011 10:11 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I added a new ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer:
>>
>> Added version '1.0.8'. It load KomHttpServer-pmm.64.mcz that solves
>> the deprecated #fixTemps in BlockClosure>>processHttp.
>>
>> I not modified the #stable version, then to load the 1.0.8 call:
>>
>> (ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer project version:'1.0.8') load.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> 2011/2/7 Germán Arduino<[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Thanks by the response Philippe, will check.
>>>
>>> Cheers.

Re: [Metacello] Re: [Seaside] BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

Dale Henrichs
Germán,

If folks are _supposed_ to use the version that you have just created,
then it is correct to define it as #stable.

In the past, whenever you (or anyone else) released a new version (i.e.,
blessing was not #development, #broken, or #baseline) everyone that
loaded the package using #latestVersion would pick up your version ...
and noone ever thought of the implications.

Now that we have a #stable symbolic version folks are thinking of the
implications of their actions:)

That is good, because when specifying a version as #stable, you must
think about the target platforms and the versions of the particular
platforms.

If the change you have made was aimed at making Kom run on Pharo1.2,
then it makes sense to declare that your new version is #stable for
Pharo1.2.

If you have only tested your change on Pharo1.2 (for example), then it
would be prudent to declare 1.0.8 as stable for Pharo1.2, even if you
_think_ that it will work on all supported platforms.

If you are comfortable that the change you have made applies to all
supported platforms, then declare 1.0.8 as #stable for #common....

Dale

On 02/15/2011 01:02 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:

> Hi Dale!
>
> I was precisely thinking about this question.....who decides what
> version is #stable for example (in a package that is not owned by the
> guy that modify the configuration)? I was tempted of qualify as
> #stable the 1.0.8 of Kom because includes the #fixTemps fix,
> but....but who knows the other implications that they may bring.
>
> Just thinking about......
>
> Germán.
>
> 2011/2/15 Dale Henrichs<[hidden email]>:
>> Germán,
>>
>> Good. I am working on the configuration for Seaside3.0.4 and in the process
>> I will make sure that all of the symbolic versions are updated correctly ...
>> The Seaside3.0.4 configuration will make use of symbolic versions whereever
>> necessary.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> On 02/15/2011 10:11 AM, Germán Arduino wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> I added a new ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer:
>>>
>>> Added version '1.0.8'. It load KomHttpServer-pmm.64.mcz that solves
>>> the deprecated #fixTemps in BlockClosure>>processHttp.
>>>
>>> I not modified the #stable version, then to load the 1.0.8 call:
>>>
>>> (ConfigurationOfKomHttpServer project version:'1.0.8') load.
>>>
>>> Cheers.

Re: [Metacello] Re: [Seaside] BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Good!

Curating software versions is a good signal (for any technology or project).

People will expect we manage to do it properly for every release.

2011/2/15 Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:
> Good!
> Curating software versions is a good signal (for any technology or project).
> People will expect we manage to do it properly for every release.

+1

Fwd: [Metacello] Re: [Seaside] BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

garduino
Sorry, must have pressed Reply All :(

2011/2/15 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:

> Germán,
>
> If folks are _supposed_ to use the version that you have just created, then
> it is correct to define it as #stable.
>
> In the past, whenever you (or anyone else) released a new version (i.e.,
> blessing was not #development, #broken, or #baseline) everyone that loaded
> the package using #latestVersion would pick up your version ... and noone
> ever thought of the implications.
>
> Now that we have a #stable symbolic version folks are thinking of the
> implications of their actions:)

hehe, seems that the word #stable is a bit intimidating ...

> That is good, because when specifying a version as #stable, you must think
> about the target platforms and the versions of the particular platforms.
>
> If the change you have made was aimed at making Kom run on Pharo1.2, then it
> makes sense to declare that your new version is #stable for Pharo1.2.
>
> If you have only tested your change on Pharo1.2 (for example), then it would
> be prudent to declare 1.0.8 as stable for Pharo1.2, even if you _think_ that
> it will work on all supported platforms.
>
> If you are comfortable that the change you have made applies to all
> supported platforms, then declare 1.0.8 as #stable for #common....

ok, understood!

In my case, only debugged the Komanche problem with a deprecated
module, reported and Philippe fixed it, then I updated the
Configuration properly. By now only in 1.1.1 (I must find why almost
all times I try to update 1.2 have some problems, but not invested
time still).

Thanks by the explanation.

Germán.

> Dale
>
> On 02/15/2011 01:02 PM, Germán Arduino wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dale!
>>
>> I was precisely thinking about this question.....who decides what
>> version is #stable for example (in a package that is not owned by the
>> guy that modify the configuration)? I was tempted of qualify as
>> #stable the 1.0.8 of Kom because includes the #fixTemps fix,
>> but....but who knows the other implications that they may bring.
>>
>> Just thinking about......
>>
>> Germán.
>>
>> 2011/2/15 Dale Henrichs<[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Germán,
>>>
>>> Good. I am working on the configuration for Seaside3.0.4 and in the
>>> process
>>> I will make sure that all of the symbolic versions are updated correctly
>>> The Seaside3.0.4 configuration will make use of symbolic versions
>>> whereever
>>> necessary.
>>>
>>> Dale

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: [Metacello] Re: [Seaside] BlockClosure>>processHttp {*KomHttpServer}

stephane ducasse
I like that :)

Stef