BlockContextTest

gcotelli
Hi,

I'm looking the failing tests... some tests defined in BlockContextTest relies on behavior not implemented in BlockClosure (but implemented in the old BlockContext)...

If the only senders of this methods are in this test cases can I remove them?

If I don't miss anything BlockContext should not be used anymore...

Waiting for your comments...
Gabriel

Re: BlockContextTest

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Gabriel

Could you post a list of these methods? Probably it makes sense to
copy some of them over to BlockClosure to preserve compatibility for
external clients (we had this before, e.g., #argumentCount, IIRC which
is used by GLORP or Seaside).

Else these tests can be removed.

Adrian

On Jun 17, 2009, at 02:28 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking the failing tests... some tests defined in
> BlockContextTest
> relies on behavior not implemented in BlockClosure (but implemented
> in the
> old BlockContext)...
>
> If the only senders of this methods are in this test cases can I
> remove
> them?
>
> If I don't miss anything BlockContext should not be used anymore...
>
> Waiting for your comments...
> Gabriel

Re: BlockContextTest

gcotelli
Tonight I prepare the list and post it...

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gabriel

Could you post a list of these methods? Probably it makes sense to
copy some of them over to BlockClosure to preserve compatibility for
external clients (we had this before, e.g., #argumentCount, IIRC which
is used by GLORP or Seaside).

Else these tests can be removed.

Adrian

On Jun 17, 2009, at 02:28 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking the failing tests... some tests defined in
> BlockContextTest
> relies on behavior not implemented in BlockClosure (but implemented
> in the
> old BlockContext)...
>
> If the only senders of this methods are in this test cases can I
> remove
> them?
>
> If I don't miss anything BlockContext should not be used anymore...
>
> Waiting for your comments...
> Gabriel

Re: BlockContextTest

Michael Roberts-2
They are on the wiki in the baseline test page.

Mike

On Wednesday, June 17, 2009, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tonight I prepare the list and post it...
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Gabriel
>
> Could you post a list of these methods? Probably it makes sense to
> copy some of them over to BlockClosure to preserve compatibility for
> external clients (we had this before, e.g., #argumentCount, IIRC which
> is used by GLORP or Seaside).
>
> Else these tests can be removed.
>
> Adrian
>
> On Jun 17, 2009, at 02:28 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking the failing tests... some tests defined in
>> BlockContextTest
>> relies on behavior not implemented in BlockClosure (but implemented
>> in the
>> old BlockContext)...
>>
>> If the only senders of this methods are in this test cases can I
>> remove
>> them?
>>
>> If I don't miss anything BlockContext should not be used anymore...
>>
>> Waiting for your comments...
>> Gabriel

Re: BlockContextTest

gcotelli
This is the list of methods missing in BlockClosure but covered by the BlockContextTest:
  • copyStack
  • bottomContext
  • findContextSuchThat:
  • tempNamed:
  • tempNamed:put:
I don't known if has sense to implement that...

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Gabriel

Could you post a list of these methods? Probably it makes sense to
copy some of them over to BlockClosure to preserve compatibility for
external clients (we had this before, e.g., #argumentCount, IIRC which
is used by GLORP or Seaside).

Else these tests can be removed.

Adrian

On Jun 17, 2009, at 02:28 , Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking the failing tests... some tests defined in
> BlockContextTest
> relies on behavior not implemented in BlockClosure (but implemented
> in the
> old BlockContext)...
>
> If the only senders of this methods are in this test cases can I
> remove
> them?
>
> If I don't miss anything BlockContext should not be used anymore...
>
> Waiting for your comments...
> Gabriel

Re: BlockContextTest

Marcus Denker-3

On 17.06.2009, at 21:02, Gabriel Cotelli wrote:

> This is the list of methods missing in BlockClosure but covered by
> the BlockContextTest:
> • copyStack
> • bottomContext
> • findContextSuchThat:
> • tempNamed:
> • tempNamed:put:
> I don't known if has sense to implement that...

No, I don't think so. These are all related to the stack
(thisContext), which used to be the same
as the Block:

before closures, this was true:

(block := [thisContext]) value == block

this means, the block object was identical to the context of the
block. This is not the case
anymore. The expression is false, and the context of the block

        [thisContext] value class

is now a methodcontext, not a blockcontext, nor a bockclosure.

The object representing blocks is not a context anymore, but a
container that holds the values
of the state that is local to the block.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: BlockContextTest

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/6/17 Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]>
This is the list of methods missing in BlockClosure but covered by the BlockContextTest:
  • copyStack
  • bottomContext
  • findContextSuchThat:
  • tempNamed:
  • tempNamed:put:
I don't known if has sense to implement that...

I have no idea, but in my image (Pharo 10342)  I see several senders:

    * copyStack
            Process>>copyStack
    * bottomContext
            ContextPart>>insertSender: