Blocked while merging

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

I wanted to merge and I tried with the new Diff tools and I got a
selector DNU,
so I switched back to the old merge tool but I got the following bugs

        - click on an item
                bring the menu revertSelection -> DNU
                diff -> DNU
                install crahsed.

Does anybody get the same, I'm using pharo 10248

Re: Blocked while merging

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

did you see this mail
because I'm really blocked and cannot merge anymore in pharo.

Stef
On Mar 9, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I wanted to merge and I tried with the new Diff tools and I got a
> selector DNU,
> so I switched back to the old merge tool but I got the following bugs
>
> - click on an item
> bring the menu revertSelection -> DNU
> diff -> DNU
> install crahsed.
>
> Does anybody get the same, I'm using pharo 10248
>
> Stef

Re: Blocked while merging

Gary Chambers-4
Hi Stef.
For the old MC browser the revertSelection option doesn't have the code to
do the option, seems to be present in 3.10 images though... I don't get a
DNU for the diff option.

As for the Polymorph tool, it looks like there can be cases where there is a
conflict with a deletion present in the incoming version of the merge.

Try replacing PSMCMergePatchMorph>>selectNextConflict with:

selectNextConflict
 "Select the next conflict after the current selection, if any."

 |next def|
 next := self nextConflict ifNil: [^self].
 def := next remoteDefinition ifNil: [next localDefinition].
 self changed: {#changes. #openPath. next targetClassName asString. def
selector asString}

And, if that works in your case I'll version up the change and put on
SqueakSource.

None of these issues should actually prevent you from merging, as such
though.

Regards, Gary

because I'm really blocked and cannot merge anymore in pharo.

Stef
On Mar 9, 2009, at 1:56 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I wanted to merge and I tried with the new Diff tools and I got a
> selector DNU,
> so I switched back to the old merge tool but I got the following bugs
>
> - click on an item
> bring the menu revertSelection -> DNU
> diff -> DNU
> install crahsed.
>
> Does anybody get the same, I'm using pharo 10248
>
> Stef

Re: Blocked while merging

Stéphane Ducasse
Apparently with your fix I could merge.
I will retry to be sure.

On Mar 12, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> Hi Stef.
> For the old MC browser the revertSelection option doesn't have the
> code to
> do the option, seems to be present in 3.10 images though... I don't
> get a
> DNU for the diff option.
>
> As for the Polymorph tool, it looks like there can be cases where
> there is a
> conflict with a deletion present in the incoming version of the merge.
>
> Try replacing PSMCMergePatchMorph>>selectNextConflict with:
>
> selectNextConflict
> "Select the next conflict after the current selection, if any."
>
> |next def|
> next := self nextConflict ifNil: [^self].
> def := next remoteDefinition ifNil: [next localDefinition].
> self changed: {#changes. #openPath. next targetClassName asString. def
> selector asString}
>
> And, if that works in your case I'll version up the change and put on
> SqueakSource.
>
> None of these issues should actually prevent you from merging, as such
> though.
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Blocked while merging

Stéphane Ducasse
apparently I redid a merge and I got blocked again so I do not know
what to do.

        next remoteDefinition is nil :(

Stef

>> Try replacing PSMCMergePatchMorph>>selectNextConflict with:
>>
>> selectNextConflict
>> "Select the next conflict after the current selection, if any."
>>
>> |next def|
>> next := self nextConflict ifNil: [^self].
>> def := next remoteDefinition ifNil: [next localDefinition].
>> self changed: {#changes. #openPath. next targetClassName asString.
>> def
>> selector asString}
>>
>> And, if that works in your case I'll version up the change and put on
>> SqueakSource.
>>
>> None of these issues should actually prevent you from merging, as
>> such
>> though.
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Re: Blocked while merging

Adrian Lienhard
Yesterday I merged and it worked. I got this error when clicking on
the button on the left side of the window ("2 conflicts" or something).

Adrian

On Mar 12, 2009, at 15:21 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> apparently I redid a merge and I got blocked again so I do not know
> what to do.
>
> next remoteDefinition is nil :(
>
> Stef
>
>>> Try replacing PSMCMergePatchMorph>>selectNextConflict with:
>>>
>>> selectNextConflict
>>> "Select the next conflict after the current selection, if any."
>>>
>>> |next def|
>>> next := self nextConflict ifNil: [^self].
>>> def := next remoteDefinition ifNil: [next localDefinition].
>>> self changed: {#changes. #openPath. next targetClassName asString.
>>> def
>>> selector asString}
>>>
>>> And, if that works in your case I'll version up the change and put
>>> on
>>> SqueakSource.
>>>
>>> None of these issues should actually prevent you from merging, as
>>> such
>>> though.
>>>
>>> Regards, Gary

Re: Blocked while merging

Gary Chambers-4
What is "blocking" you exactly?

Regards, Gary

apparently I redid a merge and I got blocked again so I do not know
what to do.

next remoteDefinition is nil :(

Stef

>> Try replacing PSMCMergePatchMorph>>selectNextConflict with:
>>
>> selectNextConflict
>> "Select the next conflict after the current selection, if any."
>>
>> |next def|
>> next := self nextConflict ifNil: [^self].
>> def := next remoteDefinition ifNil: [next localDefinition].
>> self changed: {#changes. #openPath. next targetClassName asString.
>> def
>> selector asString}
>>
>> And, if that works in your case I'll version up the change and put on
>> SqueakSource.
>>
>> None of these issues should actually prevent you from merging, as
>> such
>> though.
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Re: Blocked while merging

Stéphane Ducasse
I will retry and put an image somewhere.

Stef

Re: Blocked while merging

I redid everything and apparently everything is working with your fix.
Thanks

On Mar 12, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> What is "blocking" you exactly?
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Blocked while merging

Stéphane Ducasse
so should I add it or you integrate it and I push it into the stream?

Stef

On Mar 13, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I redid everything and apparently everything is working with your fix.
> Thanks
>
> On Mar 12, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:
>
>> What is "blocking" you exactly?
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Re: Blocked while merging

Gary Chambers-4