Blog Roll

Ron Teitelbaum

All,

How did we decide to include links to other blogs on Weeklysqueak?  I noticed they showed up a little while back.

If this is something we want to do we should

1)       Make them smaller, they are squeezing the articles.

2)       Ask the community if they agree this is a good idea.

3)       Ask for suggestions from the community about who should be included it doesn’t seem fair to highlight some community members and not others.

Thoughts, suggestions,

Thanks,

Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak News Team Leader

RE: Blog Roll

Ken Causey-3
Perhaps I'm missing the point but we already have a blog aggregator at
planet.squeak.org.

Ken

RE: Blog Roll

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Ken,

I take it that is a vote against.  Maybe we should replace our blog links
with a link to planet.squeak.org?

Ron

Ken,

Any idea why planet.squeak.org is not using my titles?  The titles are the
names of the pictures instead of the names of the articles.  It's funny too
because Nepal 2 is actually the name of the second picture not the first.
http://planet.squeak.org/

Ron

I have asked Simon Michael about it and he says he will look into it
when he gets a chance but points out that you may want to check the link
to the feed on planet.squeak.org for news.squeak.org and make sure there
is nothing wrong there that you can find since that is the basis for the
content on planet.squeak.org.

Ken

The feed looks ok:

The Weekly Squeak

What's new in the world of Squeak

Nepal's Open Learning Exchange Announces First Learning Activity (It's
Squeak!)
The world watches as the adults fight over power.  Who will run the country
of Napal, what will the political solutions bring to the people, what will
it mean to the children?   I know I'm not the first to recognize the
incredible beauty of the country, just look at these beautiful pictures
[...]

Seaside 2.8 Released!!
After a beta phase of two months we release the final version of Seaside
2.8. Most bugs fixed during this period were either long standing (already
in 2.7), minor or portability related, Together with the dozens of Seaside
2.8 applications already in production today this gives a pretty good
feeling about this version. A special [...]

Ron