Blue screen, and a fix

1 message Options

Blue screen, and a fix

Bill Schwab-2
Hi Blair,

I started on a "quick" installation of one of my apps that interfaces to a
system in our hospital and was greeted by a blue screen referring to a VxD
that I can't find (by file name anyway) on the machine.  The driver probably
is installed, and just named something more helpful than the name it reports
on the blue screen :)

The problem turned out to be reproduceable.  I installed Dolphin and put my
development image on the machine, and all was well.  Tried the deployed app
and got another blue screen.  Then I thought about your recent external
library patch.  After initially thinking otherwise, I noticed that the
crashing app was in fact built prior to the patch.

Deploying again with the patch fixed it.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.