Board Elections

Colin Putney-3
Hi all,

With the end of the year coming up, so is the term for this year's
Squeak Board. In the past we've often had the Election a couple of
months late, so I'd like to get the ball rolling now, so that we can
be better organized this year.

Göran has said that he'd like to step down as the election team
leader, so I'd like to put out the call for a volunteer to replace
him.

It's actually not that big of a job, so if anybody wants to get their
feet wet in helping to organize the community, this would be a good
way to start. There is one caveat: the election must be administered
by somebody who is *not* running for the a seat on the board.

Anybody interested?

Thanks,

Colin

Re: Board Elections

Göran Krampe
On 11/19/2012 10:07 PM, Colin Putney wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> With the end of the year coming up, so is the term for this year's
> Squeak Board. In the past we've often had the Election a couple of
> months late, so I'd like to get the ball rolling now, so that we can
> be better organized this year.
>
> Göran has said that he'd like to step down as the election team
> leader, so I'd like to put out the call for a volunteer to replace
> him.

That is correct! I am still around though.

> It's actually not that big of a job, so if anybody wants to get their
> feet wet in helping to organize the community, this would be a good
> way to start. There is one caveat: the election must be administered
> by somebody who is *not* running for the a seat on the board.
>
> Anybody interested?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Colin

Further - I will of course explain the exact steps that I have used
earlier years - it is quite simple *unless* the current board wants to
change the process of course :)

regards, Göran

Re: Board Elections

Chris Muller-3
> Further - I will of course explain the exact steps that I have used earlier
> years - it is quite simple *unless* the current board wants to change the
> process of course :)

Thanks so much Göran.

Re: Board Elections

Randal L. Schwartz

Göran> Further - I will of course explain the exact steps that I have
Göran> used earlier years - it is quite simple *unless* the current
Göran> board wants to change the process of course :)

I don't think any of us want to mess with the process that already got
us elected. :)

See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion

Re: Board Elections

Bert Freudenberg
On 2012-11-20, at 06:46, [hidden email] (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

> Göran> Further - I will of course explain the exact steps that I have
> Göran> used earlier years - it is quite simple *unless* the current
> Göran> board wants to change the process of course :)
>
> I don't think any of us want to mess with the process that already got
> us elected. :)

It's probably best to stay with the current process for this coming election, if only to ensure a smooth transition from Göran to the new Election Team leader. However, the new team should be free to come up with improvements in the future.

So ... who wants to volunteer?

- Bert -

Re: Board Elections

Göran Krampe
On 11/20/2012 02:44 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

>> Göran> Further - I will of course explain the exact steps that I have
>> Göran> used earlier years - it is quite simple *unless* the current
>> Göran> board wants to change the process of course :)
>>
>> I don't think any of us want to mess with the process that already got
>> us elected. :)
>

> It's probably best to stay with the current process for this coming election, if only to ensure a smooth transition from Göran to the new Election Team leader. However, the new team should be free to come up with improvements in the future.
>
> So ... who wants to volunteer?

A moon has passed and ye shall... someone? :)

regards, Göran