Boostrap for seaside : incorrect JQuery version

Boostrap for seaside : incorrect JQuery version

Dominique Dartois-4
Hi all
I installed seaside + Bootstrap from the « Catalog Browser », following the tips at http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/
I run Pharo 7 64bits on MacOS.
The demo doesn’t react to the mouse clicks. In fact Firefox debugger showed an incompatibility between Bootstrap and JQuery versions :

The JQuery Pharo library is 3.3.1 :

Is it possible to correct this just by using an older library of JQuery (if I can find one)?

Thank you
---
Dominique Dartois

photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: Boostrap for seaside : incorrect JQuery version

eftomi
It's happening to me, too, on Pharo 7.0 32-bit on Windows. The versions in respective deployment libraries are:

JQDeploymentLibrary>>jQueryJs jQuery v3.3.1
JQUiDeploymentLibrary>>jQueryUiJs jQuery UI - v1.12.1 - 2016-09-14
TBSDeploymentLibrary>>jsbootstrapminJsContent Bootstrap v3.3.6

Strangely, the browser console reports:

Best wishes,
Tomaz

The demo doesn’t react to the mouse clicks. In fact Firefox debugger showed an incompatibility between Bootstrap and JQuery versions :

Re: Boostrap for seaside : incorrect JQuery version

eftomi
I found a possible solution. The Bootstrap v3.3.6 had a compatibility issue with jQuery 3.0 (please see this issue).

I tested a possible workaround with copy & pasting the bootstrap.js code into TBSDevelopmentLibrary>>jsbootstrapJsContent. This method just returns the whole bootstrap.js as a string, IMHO. Important are also methods TBSDevelopmentLibrary>>cssbootstrapCssContent, TBSDevelopmentLibrary>>cssbootstrapthemeCssContent and others, since they include the code from BS v3.3.6.

As I see, the TBSDeploymentLibrary differs from TBSDevelopmentLibrary in that it uses minimized versions (i.e. bootstrap.min.js).

I'm not sure about other possible dependencies, though.

Best wishes,
Tomaz

The demo doesn’t react to the mouse clicks. In fact Firefox debugger showed an incompatibility between Bootstrap and JQuery versions :

Re: Boostrap for seaside : incorrect JQuery version

eftomi
I'm sorry, I should be more clear - I copy&pasted the Bootstrap 3.3.7 code from here, since 3.3.7 solved the issue I mentioned. The result is that mouse clicks behave as they should, and there is no error on browser's console anymore.

Tomaz

The demo doesn’t react to the mouse clicks. In fact Firefox debugger showed an incompatibility between Bootstrap and JQuery versions :

Re: Boostrap for seaside : incorrect JQuery version

Esteban A. Maringolo
Maybe it's just a matter of importing the latest Bootstrap files (v3.3.7) into the the corresponding FileLibrary.

Regards,