Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Esteban A. Maringolo
I'm migrating from Gaston's Twitter Bootstrap [1] implementation to
the one referenced by QCMagritte [2], but when trying to migrate a few
tbAlert references I found that [2] uses a completely different
approach than [1] and also Torsten's version [3].

Torsten's version seem to be more organized, and documented. The
examples are better too.

Besides that difference in the use of Decorations for alerts, they do
basically the same thing. Do QCMagritte use [2] for a particular
reason?

configuration, which is okay as far as you're using it.

Regards!

Refs:
[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~GastonDallOglio/TBootstrap
[2] http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
[3] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I am using [3], I didn't know there were others ;-)

On 20 Feb 2014, at 17:24, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm migrating from Gaston's Twitter Bootstrap [1] implementation to
> the one referenced by QCMagritte [2], but when trying to migrate a few
> tbAlert references I found that [2] uses a completely different
> approach than [1] and also Torsten's version [3].
>
> Torsten's version seem to be more organized, and documented. The
> examples are better too.
>
> Besides that difference in the use of Decorations for alerts, they do
> basically the same thing. Do QCMagritte use [2] for a particular
> reason?

> configuration, which is okay as far as you're using it.
>
> Regards!
>

> Refs:
> [1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~GastonDallOglio/TBootstrap
> [2] http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
> [3] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap
>

> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Esteban A. Maringolo
I am too. But I wonder why QCMagritte uses [2].

Now that I managed to create my own metacello configs, I want to avoid

Regards!

> I am using [3], I didn't know there were others ;-)
>
> On 20 Feb 2014, at 17:24, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm migrating from Gaston's Twitter Bootstrap [1] implementation to
>> the one referenced by QCMagritte [2], but when trying to migrate a few
>> tbAlert references I found that [2] uses a completely different
>> approach than [1] and also Torsten's version [3].
>>
>> Torsten's version seem to be more organized, and documented. The
>> examples are better too.

Re: Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Tobias Pape
On 20.02.2014, at 17:24, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm migrating from Gaston's Twitter Bootstrap [1] implementation to
> the one referenced by QCMagritte [2], but when trying to migrate a few
> tbAlert references I found that [2] uses a completely different
> approach than [1] and also Torsten's version [3].
>
> Torsten's version seem to be more organized, and documented. The
> examples are better too.
>
> Besides that difference in the use of Decorations for alerts, they do
> basically the same thing. Do QCMagritte use [2] for a particular
> reason?

[2] is aimed at Magritte specifically, which Torsten left out in [3]
for good reasons.

Best
        -Tobias

> configuration, which is okay as far as you're using it.
>
> Regards!
>

> Refs:
> [1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~GastonDallOglio/TBootstrap
> [2] http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html