Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Torsten Bergmann
I thought I explained the relations between the old proojects and the new project
also in the docu at http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap

There was the request from Stefan Eggermont and Diego Lont to use
also Magritte with my new implementation. Had nothing against that.

But from my side I dont like to see Bootstrap mixed together with Magritte
and to avoid confusion in packages I separated also the repositories:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap            -> Bootstrap only
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/BootstrapMagritte    -> Magritte support for Bootsrap

This should force us to think where things belong to. For instance I just
use the first one since it is often enough and maybe someone comes up
with something better than Magritte.

So I think no one has yet found the time time to write a
ConfigurationOfBootstrapMagritte beside the known ConfigurationOfBootstrap
for the second one - but feel free to help.

Note: the dependency on Seaside 3.1. is more or less introduced
      to be able to load Bootstrap from the config browser
      in Pharo 2.0 and Pharo 3.0 without any hazzle and start
      right away.
      But I think there was a way to overwrite definitions in a spec from
      the outside if required. You should aks Dale or check the Monticello docu.

BTW: did I mention that there is also

   http://pharo.pharocloud.com

Bye
T.

Re: Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Tobias wrote
>[2] is aimed at Magritte specifically, which Torsten left out in [3]
>for good reasons.

[2] actually should work fine without Magritte. The examples are
Magritte based though. Torsten decided to do a new implementation
of a newer version of Twitter Bootstrap, with a similar, but different
API, instead of migrating [2] to the newer version.
Diego and I are rebuilding the Magritte support on top of it,
making sure that it doesn't interfere with the base. Torsten decided
he doesn't want the Magritte support in the same repository.
When it works, QCMagritte will use [3] and [4]. We're already pretty
close, but not everything is working yet.

Stephan

Re: Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Tobias Pape
On 20.02.2014, at 23:47, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tobias wrote
> >[2] is aimed at Magritte specifically, which Torsten left out in [3]
> >for good reasons.
>
> [2] actually should work fine without Magritte. The examples are
> Magritte based though. Torsten decided to do a new implementation
> of a newer version of Twitter Bootstrap, with a similar, but different
> API, instead of migrating [2] to the newer version.
> Diego and I are rebuilding the Magritte support on top of it,
> making sure that it doesn't interfere with the base. Torsten decided
> he doesn't want the Magritte support in the same repository.
> When it works, QCMagritte will use [3] and [4]. We're already pretty
> close, but not everything is working yet.
Thanks for the clarification of my unclearness ;)

best
        -tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Bootstrap implementations, pros and cons?

Esteban A. Maringolo

> On 20.02.2014, at 23:47, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Tobias wrote
>> >[2] is aimed at Magritte specifically, which Torsten left out in [3]
>> >for good reasons.
>>
>> [2] actually should work fine without Magritte. The examples are
>> Magritte based though. Torsten decided to do a new implementation
>> of a newer version of Twitter Bootstrap, with a similar, but different
>> API, instead of migrating [2] to the newer version.
>> Diego and I are rebuilding the Magritte support on top of it,
>> making sure that it doesn't interfere with the base. Torsten decided
>> he doesn't want the Magritte support in the same repository.
>> When it works, QCMagritte will use [3] and [4]. We're already pretty
>> close, but not everything is working yet.
>
> Thanks for the clarification of my unclearness ;)

+1

Thank you Stephan.

Esteban A. Maringolo