Bootstrap multilingual?

Jeff Gray
Can Seaside Bootstrap handle internationalisation?

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: Bootstrap multilingual?

Esteban A. Maringolo
What do you mean by "Bootstrap"?

I'm developing a multilingual (5 languages) app with Seaside, using the
Bootstrap package for Seaside (*).

But Bootstrap doesn't have any language specific content.

Regards!

(*) The one created by Torsten Bergman whose classes begin with TBS and
selectors with tbs as well, e.g. TBSFormTag and #tbsFormControl.

On 28/08/2018 18:36, Jeff Gray wrote:

> Can Seaside Bootstrap handle internationalisation?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Esteban A. Maringolo
tty

Re: Bootstrap multilingual?

tty
Hi Estaban

---- On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 16:00:43 -0400 Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote ----

What do you mean by "Bootstrap"?

I'm developing a multilingual (5 languages) app with Seaside, using the
Bootstrap package for Seaside (*).

If you have time and/or inclination could you spare a couple of links on how you approach this project?

I am on a big project now and I would like to start the multi-lingual groundwork.

thanks.

Re: Bootstrap multilingual?

Stephan Eggermont-3

https://youtu.be/cTut44Xs3_U

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html
����]

Re: Bootstrap multilingual?

Esteban A. Maringolo
On 01/09/2018 03:43, gettimothy wrote:
> Hi Estaban

> If you have time and/or inclination could you spare a couple of links on
> how you approach this project?
>
> I am on a big project now and I would like to start the multi-lingual
> groundwork.

Sorry, the project code cannot be disclosed, but I'm using VisualWorks
internationalization user message catalogs.

VisualWorks' locale lookup is performed at process level, and there is a
special Seaside request filter to configure localization, so to switch
between different locales I simply set the current process locale to the
one I prefer. I can switch the whole language UI in a single click.

To enable localized Strings I don't reference strings directly, but keys
in a particular catalog. And fill placehodlers with #expandMacrosWith:
and friends.

I never did multilanguage in Pharo, but I understand there is the Getext
library that provides similar behavior.

Regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Bootstrap multilingual?

BrunoBB

There is in Seaside Gettext for internationalization.

But I use my own solution for internationalization with Seaside +
GemStone/S in a very simple way.
String
translateFor:
^self getInternationalization getTranslationFor: self in: userObject
languageName

getInternationalization - answer an instance of
ApplicationInternationalization (a singleton)
ApplicationInternationalization has a [languageDictionaries] instance
variable where the translations are stored.
languagesDictionaries at: #german - is the german dictionary (the key is
an english string and the value is the german translation).

languageName- is the selected default language of the logged user

 From Seaside most of String are like:
('My String' translateFor: self session user).

Link:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/AbstractApplicationObjects/tree/master/repository/AbstractApplicationObjects.package/ApplicationInternationalization.class

A very simple approach that happens to work :)

The downside is you have to be carefull with strings at domain model
(you will need a double translation).
For this problem i use:
https://github.com/brunobuzzi/AbstractApplicationObjects/tree/master/repository/AbstractApplicationObjects.package/ApplicationReverseTranslation.class

regards,
bruno

El 28/08/2018 a las 18:36, Jeff Gray escribió:

> Can Seaside Bootstrap handle internationalisation?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

---

Re: Bootstrap multilingual?

Jeff Gray
Apologies - by bootstrap I mean bootstrap for seaside, the "tbs" packages.

There's not much language specific content except for the dialogs.

I easily built a strings class to serve up language specific texts for my
site but then whenever I show a seaside bootstrap dialog it has OK, Yes/No
in English. I want to be able to translate those too.

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html