"Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

"Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

The bundling with magritte polluted the repo and the Bootstrap project with stuff that was not
really needed for "Seaside + Bootstrap" only.
Also a "Bootstrap-Demo" package appeared that was more a demo for magritte than for Bootstrap.
Since there already was an "Bootstrap-Examples" package this added more confusion (at least on
my side).

I now took action and cleaned up the Bootstrap project again to remove the magritte stuff.
If one wants to to use Bootstrap with Seaside he does not necessarily have to go the
Magritte path, so IMHO this was necessary.

The magritte stuff for Bootstrap is now hosted as an own separate project on STHub which would
also help to see to which part code additions really belong.

As a result:
============
1. The Bootstrap project now again only contains and loads the initial three packages:
     - Bootstrap-Core
     - Bootstrap-Tests-Core
     - Bootstrap-Examples
   assembled by the known ConfigurationOfBootstrap

2. The Magritte support on top of Bootstrap is now separated in an own project
   to avoid too much mixin. See "BootstrapMagritte" on SmalltalkHub.

   The new repo "http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/BootstrapMagritte" has the same
   commiters as the old one, so feel free to continue with your work.

   This project includes two packages:
     - Bootstrap-Magritte-Core     (former Bootstrap-Magritte)
     - Bootstrap-Magritte-Examples (former Bootstrap-Demo)
   assembled by a new ConfigurationOfBootstrapMagritte for this particular project

3. The Bootstrap/ConfigurationOfBootstrap is now available as
     - a release version 0.4.0 for Seaside 3.0.9
     - a release version 0.5.0 for Seaside 3.0.10
     - a release version 0.6.0 for Seaside 3.1.0 (#stable)
     - a development version 0.7.0 for Seaside 3.1.0 for new stuff

4. The CI for Bootstrap is green for Pharo 2.0 and now also Pharo 3.0

5. The config browser is updated for Pharo 2.0 and Pharo 3.0 with the "Bootstrap" package

So you can now also open a fresh Pharo 3.0 image, open World menu -> Configuration Browser
to load "Bootstrap". Then run

   ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080

and start coding your web application with the latest Seaside 3.1.0.

Next steps:
Setting up a CI for the new project "BootstrapMagritte"/ConfigurationOfBootstrapMagritte

Have fun!

Bye
Torsten

Re: "Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Torsten Bergmann wrote
> I now took action and cleaned up the Bootstrap project again to remove the
> magritte stuff.

FTR it seems after searching that the original project was [1], which I
assume is the same as [2]. The repo referred to in this post seems to be
[3].

According to the note at [3], the new location is now [4]

It would be nice if someone with access to the old repo(s?) ([1], [2]) would
put a note that [4] is now canonical, if that is indeed the case, which
seems reasonable because there is only one commit after 2012-03-28 and [3]
started in 2013.

Also, the link at https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/wiki/Add-On-Libraries
should be updated. It now seems to point not to *any* repo but to a demo.

1. http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
2. http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
3. http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap
4. https://github.com/astares/Seaside-Bootstrap

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html
Sean

Re: "Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> 1. http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
> 3. http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap
> 4. https://github.com/astares/Seaside-Bootstrap

Also the catalog should probably be cleaned. In 6.1, "TwitterBootstrap"
loads from [1] and presumably should be removed altogether. "Bootstrap"
loads from [3] instead of [4].

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html
Sean

Re: "Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Max Leske
I've updated the link in the wiki on Github to point to [4].

Max

On 14 Jul 2018, at 18:13, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>> 1. http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/TwitterBootstrap.html
>> 3. http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/Bootstrap
>> 4. https://github.com/astares/Seaside-Bootstrap
>

> Also the catalog should probably be cleaned. In 6.1, "TwitterBootstrap"
> loads from [1] and presumably should be removed altogether. "Bootstrap"
> loads from [3] instead of [4].
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html

Re: "Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Torsten Bergmann wrote
> The new repo
> "http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/BootstrapMagritte

I needed to make some enhancements and use them immediately, so I created
https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/Bootstrap-Magritte . I'm happy to
transfer the repo if there is a better user/org (Torsten said he does not
use/maintain it).

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html
Sean

Re: "Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Max Leske
So, should the Github wiki point to

On 15 Jul 2018, at 16:05, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Torsten Bergmann wrote
>> The new repo
>> "http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/BootstrapMagritte
>
> I needed to make some enhancements and use them immediately, so I
> created
> https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/Bootstrap-Magritte . I'm happy
> transfer the repo if there is a better user/org (Torsten said he does
> not
> use/maintain it).
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html

Re: "Bootstrap" project for Seaside with separated Magritte support in a new project "BootstrapMagritte" on STHub

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Max Leske wrote
> So, should the Github wiki point to
> https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/Bootstrap-Magritte?

This is a sub-project to the one you updated, integrating Bootstrap styling
and Magritte component generation. It could be a second sentence in the same
bullet.

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html
Sean

On 15 Jul 2018, at 20:20, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Max Leske wrote
>> So, should the Github wiki point to
>> https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/Bootstrap-Magritte?
>
> This is a sub-project to the one you updated, integrating Bootstrap
> styling
> and Magritte component generation. It could be a second sentence in
> the same
> bullet.

Done.