Bootstrap's Modal question

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi,

I am watching the demo of the modal what comes with bootstrap and there is something I don't get it. In the example, the link that opens the modal is rendered at the same time as the rendering of the modal contents itself.

In my case, I have a table. The table has a column with links (actions). Each link has a callback and then sends a call:. For example, a typical link from this column is an "Edit", in which with magritte I end up doing (besides a few other things),

newComponent := aModel asComponent
addValidatedForm;
yourself.
self call: newComponent

So....THIS is what I would like to see as modal (the magritte component).
But I don't know how to do it. The link was already clicked (I am in a callback now). I want the body of the modal to be the magritte component.

Any idea if this is possible and how?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Bootstrap's Modal question

Gastón Dall' Oglio
Hi Mariano, all.

I like to see that John has continued the development on Twitter Bootstrap and you and others to use as well. CONTINUE pushing Smalltalk web development please :)

I attached some classes that I use to create more specialized CRUD components (PIComponent and PICollectionComponent), plus two concrete classes (PIExploreComponent and PIImportComponent).
I use those in a real project and work fine, hope it help!

Basically I show an modal's skeleton hidden (see PIComponent>>renderModalOn: html) and some bottons (see PIExploreComponent>>renderThumbnailToolbarItems: item on: html).
Also I attached a generic handler to an ancestor node of buttons in the DOM (see PIExploreComponent>>renderThumbnailHandlersOn:), this manner I haven't to attach one handler to every button and also the handler works even if later I have to add and remove more items (with CRUD buttons) dinamically in the client.
The handdler perform an ajax request (html jQuery ajax callback: script: ), where I use the callback to identify the item of the collection where the button is, and script to return js code to populate and open the modal.

Again, hope this help :)

2013/10/9 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
[...]

PIComponent.st (9K) Download Attachment
PICollectionComponent.st (10K) Download Attachment
PIExploreComponent.st (11K) Download Attachment
PIImportComponent.st (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Bootstrap's Modal question

Gastón Dall' Oglio
hahaha, sorry where I write "I like to see that John " was "I like to see that TORSTEN"...
(now I'm chatting with a john and I confused)

2013/10/10 Gastón Dall' Oglio <[hidden email]>
[...]

Also, check this page for inspiration :)

there are many cool examples, like this showing a modal

and interesting resources/tools like this

Regards.