Bootstrap4 package or Willow

Sanjay Minni
Hi

this is a slightly open question but I want to have views to help me on
choose the more appropriate Bootstrap4 package for a large Business
Application:

A. gh:astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4  ... and ...
B. gh:ba-st/willow

The application will have mostly
- single form like UI
- Form + Multi line UI
- Flat reports (mostly Tabular text data) but export to PDF/Xlsx
- Some graphs

Thanks

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Bootstrap4 package or Willow

gcotelli
I think it mostly depends on the kind of app you're envisioning.
If you're going to do a lot of AJAX and partial updates to the page without navigating to new pages I must say that Willow is aimed to ease this kind of interaction.
If you're thinking of not using so much AJAX, then stick with plain Seaside + astares/B4.

For charting, you can also use ba-st/HighchartsSt wrapper with or without Willow, or DuneSt/ChartJs.

Regards,
Gabriel

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 7:02 AM Sanjay Minni <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

this is a slightly open question but I want to have views to help me on
choose the more appropriate Bootstrap4 package for a large Business
Application:

A. gh:astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4  ... and ...
B. gh:ba-st/willow

The application will have mostly
- single form like UI
- Form + Multi line UI
- Flat reports (mostly Tabular text data) but export to PDF/Xlsx
- Some graphs

Thanks

-----
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Bootstrap4 package or Willow

Sanjay Minni
Thank you Gabriel,

As of now I do not have partial page updates to auto push back / sync.
Any section of the page update / refresh is triggered explicitly by a
button.

I will take a shot at Willow for future possibility,
hopefully it will not be a steep learning curve though the code in examples
are at times daunting (Particularly to find out the overall application
flow).

gcotelli wrote

> I think it mostly depends on the kind of app you're envisioning.
> If you're going to do a lot of AJAX and partial updates to the page
> without
> navigating to new pages I must say that Willow is aimed to ease this kind
> of interaction.
> If you're thinking of not using so much AJAX, then stick with plain
> Seaside
> + astares/B4.
>
> For charting, you can also use ba-st/HighchartsSt wrapper with or without
> Willow, or DuneSt/ChartJs.
>
> Regards,
> Gabriel
>
> On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 7:02 AM Sanjay Minni &lt;

> sm@

> &gt; wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> this is a slightly open question but I want to have views to help me on
>> choose the more appropriate Bootstrap4 package for a large Business
>> Application:
>>
>> A. gh:astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4  ... and ...
>> B. gh:ba-st/willow
>>
>> The application will have mostly
>> - single form like UI
>> - Form + Multi line UI
>> - Flat reports (mostly Tabular text data) but export to PDF/Xlsx
>> - Some graphs
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> -----
>> cheers,
>> Sanjay
>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Bootstrap4 package or Willow

Sanjay Minni
Hi

If I install both i.e.

A. gh:astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4  ... and ...
B. gh:ba-st/willow-bootstrap

then why is astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4 examples clobbered. how can this be
set right:

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/AstaresBS4-1.jpg>

<http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/AstaresBS4-2.jpg>

-----
cheers,
Sanjay
cheers,
Sanjay

Re: Bootstrap4 package or Willow

Sanjay Minni
OK this sounds wierd - I installed one more image only with
astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4 then
 astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4 examples started working fine on both images. I
continued to work just fine even after I removed the second image

Note i am installing thru PharoLauncher, both images are in their own
folder, However in settings Iceberg is pointed to a common folder in
c:\iceberg   (I am using windows - this is to get past the long filenames
problem)

Sanjay Minni wrote

> Hi
>
> If I install both i.e.
>
> A. gh:astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4  ... and ...
> B. gh:ba-st/willow-bootstrap
>
> then why is astares/Seaside-Bootstrap4 examples clobbered. how can this be
> set right:
>
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/AstaresBS4-1.jpg&gt;
>
> &lt;http://forum.world.st/file/t368721/AstaresBS4-2.jpg&gt;
>

> -----