Box-Admins Team needs a new leader and/or we need a new way

1 message Options

Box-Admins Team needs a new leader and/or we need a new way

Chris Cunnington
I'm interested in doing this kind of work. I have the time and the
inclination.

I'm interested in it because I DON'T know much about it and would like
to gain these skills in context.

In the short term you could find somebody who is more knowledgeable than
I am. But you won't find somebody who would approach these sysadmin
tasks with more fascination.

Squeak-dev a rough place to find a replacement, because sysadmin work is
thankless and prosaic. This is a developers board.

And honestly, if the box went down for a few hours because I kicked the
plug out of the wall, so what? If people want volunteer service, then
they'd better learn to pay for it with a little forbearance. Nothing is
absolutely free.

Chris