Branch ODE

djuber
I've opened a branch on github to start implementing an ODE solver
framework. Right now I am targetting implementation of something
equivalent to odeint-v2 ( https://github.com/headmyshoulder/odeint-v2 ).

I'm not pushing to master until I get this properly sorted out, the
method names are going to be in flux, much of the implementation details
are likely to be very unstable, and I want it to be a little cleaner
before I let it out in the wild.

In the meantime, I believe the branch is visible if there are immediate
comments. Much of what's done to now involves a class hierarchy skeleton
and copy-paste of the documentation from odeint. As the classes mature,
I will bring the documentation closer to the smalltalk version.

Dan Uber

Re: Branch ODE

SergeStinckwich
On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM, Daniel Uber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've opened a branch on github to start implementing an ODE solver
> framework. Right now I am targetting implementation of something equivalent
> to odeint-v2 ( https://github.com/headmyshoulder/odeint-v2 ).
>
> I'm not pushing to master until I get this properly sorted out, the method
> names are going to be in flux, much of the implementation details are likely
> to be very unstable, and I want it to be a little cleaner before I let it
> out in the wild.
>
> In the meantime, I believe the branch is visible if there are immediate
> comments. Much of what's done to now involves a class hierarchy skeleton and
> copy-paste of the documentation from odeint. As the classes mature, I will
> bring the documentation closer to the smalltalk version.

Great work Dan !
Could you push this branch on the master repo also, so I could
experiment a little bit ?
Do you want to do some remote pair programming from time to time ?

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Branch ODE

Natalia Moskovchuk
Hi! I'm student on Google Summery of Code.
I wrote explicit second order Adams-Bashforth,  Heun's methods and
implicit first order: Backward Euler, second order: Midpoint, Trapezoid, backward differentiation formula (BDF) methods. Also I wrote tests for methods.
I try to use existing disign.

Re: Branch ODE

Natalia Moskovchuk
Hello.

I wrote backward differentiation formula (BDF)  and the Adams–Bashforth method (AB) for orders 2, 3, 4. They are  implicit and explicit linear multistep methods.
Now I want write Adams–Moulton method for orders  3, 4 ( second order A-M method is the trapezoidal rule) and then start with benchmarks.

Best regards,
Natalia.

Re: Branch ODE

Natalia Moskovchuk
Hello.

I wrote backward differentiation formula (BDF)  and the Adams–Bashforth method (AB) for orders 2, 3, 4. They are  implicit and explicit linear multistep methods.
Now I want write Adams–Moulton method for orders  3, 4 ( second order A-M method is the trapezoidal rule, which is already done) and then start with benchmarks.

Best regards,
Natalia.