Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
On 8/23/17, Offray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the Teapot + Mustache integration, Hannes, you may want to see my early
> prototype:
>
> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Brea
>
> At some point, it will contain distributed  wiki, backed by Fossil, now that
> we're thinking in empower community driven wiki like documentation.
>
> Offray

Hi Offray

I found Name: Brea-OffrayLuna.8
Author: OffrayLuna
Time: 1 June 2017, 4:18:20.860411 pm

There is no test to show me how to use it and I none of the class
comments of the 4 classes gives enough clues.

Interesting method so far

routes
        "I define how the website behaves accordingly to particular routes."
        self server
                serveStatic: 'demo' from: '/opt/gig/';
                GET: 'members/test' -> [ :req | BreaMember new renderTestUserAsHtml ];
                GET: 'members/add' -> [ :req | BreaMember new htmlInput ];
                POST: 'members/summit' -> [ :req |  self processNewMember: req ]

May I ask you to give a few hints how to start it?
Is it possible to use it without Fossil, just with image persistence?

Regards
Hannes

Re: Brea wiki software

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi Hannes,

I will improve docs and test, but for the moment I'll be away of my computer at least until Friday. Image persistance is not implemented.

Cheers,

Offray

Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.

Re: Brea wiki software

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Meanwhile, you can check at [1], a Grafoscopio notebook where I documented Brea and the problem is trying to solve.

[1] http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/gig/dir?ci=tip

Cheers,

Offray

Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.

Re: Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
Offray

Thanks for the two answers and in particular.
Fossil is as a data store and version control system is a good solution.
But I have to use a JSON data store. So my interest is that I can hook
that up to Brea.
(or as a first step just keep the objects in the image -- image persistence)

Next week is fine.

Regards
Hannes

On 8/24/17, Offray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Meanwhile, you can check at [1], a Grafoscopio notebook where I documented
> Brea and the problem is trying to solve.
>
> [1] http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/gig/dir?ci=tip
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> El 23 de agosto de 2017 20:15:38 GMT-05:00, Offray <[hidden email]>
> escribió:
>>Hi Hannes,
>>
>>I will improve docs and test, but for the moment I'll be away of my
>>computer at least until Friday. Image persistance is not implemented.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Offray
>>
>>El 23 de agosto de 2017 13:44:46 GMT-05:00, "H. Hirzel"
>><[hidden email]> escribió:

>>>early

>>>now that

>>>Hi Offray
>>>
>>>I found Name: Brea-OffrayLuna.8
>>>Author: OffrayLuna
>>>Time: 1 June 2017, 4:18:20.860411 pm
>>>
>>>There is no test to show me how to use it and I none of the class
>>>comments of the 4 classes gives enough clues.
>>>

>>>Interesting method so far
>>>
>>>routes
>>> "I define how the website behaves accordingly to particular routes."
>>> self server
>>> serveStatic: 'demo' from: '/opt/gig/';
>>> GET: 'members/test' -> [ :req | BreaMember new renderTestUserAsHtml
>>>];
>>> GET: 'members/add' -> [ :req | BreaMember new htmlInput ];
>>> POST: 'members/summit' -> [ :req |  self processNewMember: req ]
>>>

>>>May I ask you to give a few hints how to start it?
>>>Is it possible to use it without Fossil, just with image persistence?
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>Hannes
>>
>>--
>>Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa
>>mi brevedad.
>
> --
> Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi
> brevedad.

Re: Brea wiki software

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hannes,

Fossil give me distributed wiki support out of the box, but the content stored there are just STON serialized objects, so maybe this can work also for your JSON needs.

Next week I'll have more code.

Cheers,

Offray

Enviado desde mi dispositivo Android con K-9 Mail. Por favor, disculpa mi brevedad.

Re: Brea wiki software

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi, Hannes,

Sorry it took so long. I'm now finishing my PhD and entering into a
focused writing mode, so is difficult to keep with mailing lists these
days.

New version contains an example. Please load the ConfigurationOfBrea as
showed in http://ws.stfx.eu/9MQGFUQ909BW and after that run:

BreaWebsite example

and visit

- http://localhost:8080/demo/
- http://localhost:8080/members/test
- http://localhost:8080/members/add

There are still some issues with CSS and data persistence must be
implemented, but this should give you and overview of how to combine
Teapot + Mustache.

Cheers,

Offray

On 23/08/17 13:44, H. Hirzel wrote:

> On 8/23/17, Offray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On the Teapot + Mustache integration, Hannes, you may want to see my early
>> prototype:
>>
>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Brea
>>
>> At some point, it will contain distributed  wiki, backed by Fossil, now that
>> we're thinking in empower community driven wiki like documentation.
>>
>> Offray
>
> Hi Offray
>
> I found Name: Brea-OffrayLuna.8
> Author: OffrayLuna
> Time: 1 June 2017, 4:18:20.860411 pm
>
> There is no test to show me how to use it and I none of the class
> comments of the 4 classes gives enough clues.
>

> Interesting method so far
>
> routes
> "I define how the website behaves accordingly to particular routes."
> self server
> serveStatic: 'demo' from: '/opt/gig/';
> GET: 'members/test' -> [ :req | BreaMember new renderTestUserAsHtml ];
> GET: 'members/add' -> [ :req | BreaMember new htmlInput ];
> POST: 'members/summit' -> [ :req |  self processNewMember: req ]
>

> May I ask you to give a few hints how to start it?
> Is it possible to use it without Fossil, just with image persistence?
>
> Regards
> Hannes

Re: Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Offray

Thank you for answering and the new release. I will look at it in
detail. Here is a first feedback.

On 9/6/17, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, Hannes,
>
> Sorry it took so long.

No problem. It was actually less than 14 days which is not long .....

:-)

> I'm now finishing my PhD and entering into a
> focused writing mode, so is difficult to keep with mailing lists these
> days.
>
> New version contains an example. Please load the ConfigurationOfBrea as
> showed in http://ws.stfx.eu/9MQGFUQ909BW and after that run:
>
> BreaWebsite example
>
> and visit
>
> - http://localhost:8080/demo/
> - http://localhost:8080/members/test
> - http://localhost:8080/members/add
>
> There are still some issues with CSS and data persistence must be
> implemented, but this should give you and overview of how to combine
> Teapot + Mustache.

I followed the instructions but encountered a problem that the class FossilRepo

BreaWebsite
fossilRepo
        ^ fossilRepo ifNil: [ fossilRepo := FossilRepo new ]

This made that

    BreaWebsite example

did not complete and thus there was no website.
Another thing is that the port number which is currently in

BreaWebsite>>server

server
        ^ server ifNil: [ server := Teapot configure: { #port ->8500 .
#debugMode -> true } ]

should be at a more prominent place so that it is easier to find and
thus configure.

Kind regards
Hannes

> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> On 23/08/17 13:44, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> On 8/23/17, Offray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On the Teapot + Mustache integration, Hannes, you may want to see my
>>> early
>>> prototype:
>>>
>>> http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Brea
>>>
>>> At some point, it will contain distributed  wiki, backed by Fossil, now
>>> that
>>> we're thinking in empower community driven wiki like documentation.
>>>
>>> Offray
>>
>> Hi Offray
>>
>> I found Name: Brea-OffrayLuna.8
>> Author: OffrayLuna
>> Time: 1 June 2017, 4:18:20.860411 pm
>>
>> There is no test to show me how to use it and I none of the class
>> comments of the 4 classes gives enough clues.
>>

>> Interesting method so far
>>
>> routes
>> "I define how the website behaves accordingly to particular routes."
>> self server
>> serveStatic: 'demo' from: '/opt/gig/';
>> GET: 'members/test' -> [ :req | BreaMember new renderTestUserAsHtml ];
>> GET: 'members/add' -> [ :req | BreaMember new htmlInput ];
>> POST: 'members/summit' -> [ :req |  self processNewMember: req ]
>>

>> May I ask you to give a few hints how to start it?
>> Is it possible to use it without Fossil, just with image persistence?
>>
>> Regards
>> Hannes

Re: Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
What I wanted to write is that the class FossilRepo is not included.

And that the setup of the Teapot server should not be hidden in lazy
initialisation method but made explicit with some methods in a method
category called 'setup' or 'configuration'.

HH

On 9/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Offray
>
> Thank you for answering and the new release. I will look at it in
> detail. Here is a first feedback.
>
> On 9/6/17, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, Hannes,
>>
>> Sorry it took so long.
>
> No problem. It was actually less than 14 days which is not long .....
>
> :-)
>
>> I'm now finishing my PhD and entering into a
>> focused writing mode, so is difficult to keep with mailing lists these
>> days.
>>
>> New version contains an example. Please load the ConfigurationOfBrea as
>> showed in http://ws.stfx.eu/9MQGFUQ909BW and after that run:
>>
>> BreaWebsite example
>>
>> and visit
>>
>> - http://localhost:8080/demo/
>> - http://localhost:8080/members/test
>> - http://localhost:8080/members/add
>>
>> There are still some issues with CSS and data persistence must be
>> implemented, but this should give you and overview of how to combine
>> Teapot + Mustache.
>

> I followed the instructions but encountered a problem that the class
> FossilRepo
>
> BreaWebsite
> fossilRepo
> ^ fossilRepo ifNil: [ fossilRepo := FossilRepo new ]
>

> This made that
>
>     BreaWebsite example
>
> did not complete and thus there was no website.
> Another thing is that the port number which is currently in
>
> BreaWebsite>>server
>
> server
> ^ server ifNil: [ server := Teapot configure: { #port ->8500 .
> #debugMode -> true } ]
>
> should be at a more prominent place so that it is easier to find and
> thus configure.
>

> Kind regards
> Hannes
>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Offray

>>> Hi Offray
>>>
>>> I found Name: Brea-OffrayLuna.8
>>> Author: OffrayLuna
>>> Time: 1 June 2017, 4:18:20.860411 pm
>>>
>>> There is no test to show me how to use it and I none of the class
>>> comments of the 4 classes gives enough clues.
>>>

>>> Interesting method so far
>>>
>>> routes
>>> "I define how the website behaves accordingly to particular routes."
>>> self server
>>> serveStatic: 'demo' from: '/opt/gig/';
>>> GET: 'members/test' -> [ :req | BreaMember new renderTestUserAsHtml ];
>>> GET: 'members/add' -> [ :req | BreaMember new htmlInput ];
>>> POST: 'members/summit' -> [ :req |  self processNewMember: req ]
>>>

>>> May I ask you to give a few hints how to start it?
>>> Is it possible to use it without Fossil, just with image persistence?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Hannes

Re: Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
I understand that it makes a lot of sense to reuse the functions
implemented in  the FossilRepo.

Installation of the Fossil version control system seems to be very
simple, just put a single executable file into the pharo folder  for
example

https://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

The global state of a fossil repository is an unordered set of artifacts.

An artifact might be a source code file, the text of a wiki page, part
of a trouble ticket, a description of a check-in including all the
files in that check-in with the check-in comment and so forth.

Artifacts are broadly grouped into two types:
- content artifacts and
- structural artifacts.

Content artifacts are the raw project source-code files that are
checked into the repository.

Structural artifacts have special formatting rules and are used to
show the relationships between other artifacts in the repository. It
is possible for an artifact to be both a structure artifact and a
content artifact, though this is rare. Artifacts can be text or
binary.

https://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/fileformat.wiki

On 9/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What I wanted to write is that the class FossilRepo is not included.
>
> And that the setup of the Teapot server should not be hidden in lazy
> initialisation method but made explicit with some methods in a method
> category called 'setup' or 'configuration'.
>
> HH
>
> On 9/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Offray
>>
>> Thank you for answering and the new release. I will look at it in
>> detail. Here is a first feedback.
>>
>> On 9/6/17, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi, Hannes,
>>>
>>> Sorry it took so long.
>>
>> No problem. It was actually less than 14 days which is not long .....
>>
>> :-)
>>
>>> I'm now finishing my PhD and entering into a
>>> focused writing mode, so is difficult to keep with mailing lists these
>>> days.
>>>
>>> New version contains an example. Please load the ConfigurationOfBrea as
>>> showed in http://ws.stfx.eu/9MQGFUQ909BW and after that run:
>>>
>>> BreaWebsite example
>>>
>>> and visit
>>>
>>> - http://localhost:8080/demo/
>>> - http://localhost:8080/members/test
>>> - http://localhost:8080/members/add
>>>
>>> There are still some issues with CSS and data persistence must be
>>> implemented, but this should give you and overview of how to combine
>>> Teapot + Mustache.
>>

>> I followed the instructions but encountered a problem that the class
>> FossilRepo
>>
>> BreaWebsite
>> fossilRepo
>> ^ fossilRepo ifNil: [ fossilRepo := FossilRepo new ]
>>

>> This made that
>>
>>     BreaWebsite example
>>
>> did not complete and thus there was no website.
>> Another thing is that the port number which is currently in
>>
>> BreaWebsite>>server
>>
>> server
>> ^ server ifNil: [ server := Teapot configure: { #port ->8500 .
>> #debugMode -> true } ]
>>
>> should be at a more prominent place so that it is easier to find and
>> thus configure.
>>

>> Kind regards
>> Hannes
>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Offray

Re: Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
So at the moment I am fine to get it up and running using a FossilRepo.
Later on I will work on replacing it with a JSON data store.

On 06/09/17 02:12, H. Hirzel wrote:
So at the moment I am fine to get it up and running using a FossilRepo.
Later on I will work on replacing it with a JSON data store.

Please let me know if you need any permissions into the repository to make JSON data store available in Brea.

On 9/6/17, H. Hirzel [hidden email] wrote:
I understand that it makes a lot of sense to reuse the functions
implemented in  the FossilRepo.

Installation of the Fossil version control system seems to be very
simple, just put a single executable file into the pharo folder  for
example

https://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

Yes. Fossil is simpler and self-contained. A lot of friendly and powerful user experience without importing the external complexities of other developer cultures, like the popular systems (*coff... Git). I use the one provided by my package manager, but we have installed Fossil and started to use in our workshops and is a lot easier to start being productive without the almost always gratuitous extra complexities, specially for non tekies. Fossil gives me and easy distributed wiki out of the box.

On 9/6/17, H. Hirzel [hidden email] wrote:
What I wanted to write is that the class FossilRepo is not included.

And that the setup of the Teapot server should not be hidden in lazy
initialisation method but made explicit with some methods in a method
category called 'setup' or 'configuration'.

Please update your ConfigurationOfBrea, which fixes this two issues.

wrote:
Hi, Hannes,

Sorry it took so long.
No problem. It was actually less than 14 days which is not long .....

:-)

Despite of being just one week after I told you I would look at the issue, because the first one I have not access to my computer, is kind of a lot considering the good support times in this community (with rare exceptions, like when I feedback GT Tools and get no response :-/).

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Brea wiki software

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Offray

Thank you for making the Brea wiki code available. I have read it and
got some ideas out of it.

My conclusion was that I do not have the capacity at the moment to
continue working on it.

So I went for Seaside though the library is large. It has a simple
wiki as well. And with Pier are more elaborate version.

Seaside is well documented.

Regards
Hannes

On 9/6/17, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 06/09/17 02:12, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> So at the moment I am fine to get it up and running using a FossilRepo.
>> Later on I will work on replacing it with a JSON data store.
>
> Please let me know if you need any permissions into the repository to
> make JSON data store available in Brea.
>

>> On 9/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I understand that it makes a lot of sense to reuse the functions
>>> implemented in  the FossilRepo.
>>>
>>> Installation of the Fossil version control system seems to be very
>>> simple, just put a single executable file into the pharo folder  for
>>> example
>>>
>>> https://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki
>
> Yes. Fossil is simpler and self-contained. A lot of friendly and
> powerful user experience without importing the external complexities of
> other developer cultures, like the popular systems (*coff... Git). I use
> the one provided by my package manager, but we have installed Fossil and
> started to use in our workshops and is a lot easier to start being
> productive without the almost always gratuitous extra complexities,
> specially for non tekies. Fossil gives me and easy distributed wiki out
> of the box.

> Please update your ConfigurationOfBrea, which fixes this two issues.

> Despite of being just one week after I told you I would look at the
> issue, because the first one I have not access to my computer, is kind
> of a lot considering the good support times in this community (with rare
> exceptions, like when I feedback GT Tools and get no response :-/).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray

Re: Brea wiki software

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hannes,

Happy to help, at least with some ideas. Brea is still an early
prototype, but suit my needs without the burden of all the extra stuff
Seaside includes, for simple cases as mine, but if glad to know that it
works for your use case.

Cheers,

Offray