Breakpoints in Pharo

S Krish
http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/

Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..

Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit more productive on Pharo..

-Skrish

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

Lukas Renggli
This is a cool feature, I want that too. I integrated a slightly
different implementation that doesn't touch the source code with
http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser/OBSunitIntegration-lr.36.

  Name: OB-SUnitIntegration-lr.36
  Author: lr
  Time: 20 September 2010, 2:17:34 pm
  UUID: 74ec19c9-f474-48f1-a712-be8beb7c7ea3
  Ancestors: OB-SUnitIntegration-lr.35

  - added first-class breakpoint support

PS: Note that my code does not work with Cog. That should put a bit of
pressure on Eliot (hopefully) :-)

Lukas

On 20 September 2010 12:14, S Krish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/
> Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..
> Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit
> more productive on Pharo..
> -Skrish

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 20 Sep 2010, at 14:21, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> PS: Note that my code does not work with Cog.
> That should put a bit of pressure on Eliot (hopefully) :-)

And disappoint those that switched or are switching to Cog...

BTW, is it a known limitation that Cog doesn't (seem to) support TrueType fonts ?

And if yes, is there a way to get other point sizes for DejaVu fonts ?

There are data methods like #dejaVuSansBook12Data,
how does one make for example #dejaVuSansBook11Data
or #dejaVuSansBook10Data ?

Sven

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

hernanmd
One easy way to switch off the logging of method changes is to
implement or compile temporarily #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation to
answer false in the class side (note that #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation
itself is logged by default)
Cheers,

2010/9/20 S Krish <[hidden email]>:

> http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/
> Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..
> Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit
> more productive on Pharo..
> -Skrish

Hernán Morales
Information Technology Manager,
Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
Internal: 422
Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 20, 2010, at 6:02 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> One easy way to switch off the logging of method changes is to
> implement or compile temporarily #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation to
> answer false in the class side (note that #acceptsLoggingOfCompilation
> itself is logged by default)

this is clearly something that the OPAL should fix and make easy to specify

> Cheers,
>
> 2010/9/20 S Krish <[hidden email]>:
>> http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/
>> Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..
>> Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit
>> more productive on Pharo..
>> -Skrish

> Hernán Morales
> Information Technology Manager,
> Institute of Veterinary Genetics.
> National Scientific and Technical Research Council (CONICET).
> La Plata (1900), Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> Telephone: +54 (0221) 421-1799.
> Internal: 422
> Fax: 425-7980 or 421-1799.

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

Once you integrate the feedback you got I would like to see if we can add that to the old browser.
Create a bug entry once you are done and thanks!
Stef

On Sep 20, 2010, at 12:14 PM, S Krish wrote:

> http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/
>
> Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..
>
> Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit more productive on Pharo..
>
> -Skrish

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

Did you see that there was a breakPoint class and BreakPointManager?

Stef

On Sep 20, 2010, at 12:14 PM, S Krish wrote:

> http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/
>
> Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..
>
> Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit more productive on Pharo..
>
> -Skrish

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks for this feature, is really useful.

I've just checked latest OB where this should be integrated. I saw a "toogle breakpoint". You area talking about, aren't you?

In addition, it would be nice to have such think also in the context menu in the code panel. So you don't need to go to the method and right click there.

cheers

Mariano

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Did you see that there was a breakPoint class and BreakPointManager?

Stef

On Sep 20, 2010, at 12:14 PM, S Krish wrote:

> http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/09/20/debugger-point-in-pharo-code/
>
> Unit tests from the browser do this automatically for now..
>
> Any corrections and inputs are welcome.. it will help in becoming that bit more productive on Pharo..
>
> -Skrish

Re: Breakpoints in Pharo

S Krish

Sure will update it, I just checked out on I think it was Lukas's Toggle Breakpoint stuff.. it works differently but overall neater, except for bugs in using it in some places viz: bitShift: methods et al..

-skrish