Breakthorugh Porting to Latest Pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
With Ramon Leon's simple image-based persistence, I now have one script that moves all my code and data into a new image. Also, Pharo 1.3 with Cog Jit VM seems really fast at loading code. I just loaded all my personal projects and the following into 1.3-rc in ~1 minute:
PetitParser
Phexample
FFI
Applescript
SimplePersistence
OSProcess
CommandShell
KomHttpServer
SimpleRestServer
ExternalWebBrowser

This used to be much longer and more complicated!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Breakthorugh Porting to Latest Pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Sean. I am not sure if I understood. You have data (some objects of your domain) and code (classes, methods, etc).
I can understand that you use SandstoneDB for moving your data, but I am surprise if it can move code as well. Did I misunderstand you?
Or you use Gofer/Metacello for the "code" part?

cheers

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
With Ramon Leon's simple image-based persistence, I now have one script that
moves all my code /and data/ into a new image. Also, Pharo 1.3 with Cog Jit
VM seems really fast at loading code. I just loaded all my personal projects
and the following into 1.3-rc in ~1 minute:
PetitParser
Phexample
FFI
Applescript
SimplePersistence
OSProcess
CommandShell
KomHttpServer
SimpleRestServer
ExternalWebBrowser

This used to be /much/ longer and more complicated!

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Breakthorugh Porting to Latest Pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
I can understand that you use SandstoneDB for moving your data, but I am
surprise if it can move code as well. Did I misunderstand you?
Or you use Gofer/Metacello for the "code" part?
Yes, the simplified version of SandstoneDB he described in his blog for the data and Gofer/Metacello for the code.
Cheers,
Sean

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> I can understand that you use SandstoneDB for moving your data, but I am
> surprise if it can move code as well. Did I misunderstand you?
> Or you use Gofer/Metacello for the "code" part?

Yes, the simplified version of SandstoneDB he described in his blog for the
data

Ok, now it makes sense :)
BTW, did you know I could use SandstoneDB with Fuel backend instead of SmartRefStream?
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/boosting-sandstonedb-with-fuel/

and Gofer/Metacello for the code.

ok :)