Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bringing external documentation internally , Deep Into Pharo , PBE

kilon.alios
Is this a problem ? I want to bring external documentation inside the Pharo image, and I was wondering if I need permission and such. I will be editing also some documentation to make it easier to read and more current. I am already working on Nativeboost documentation. 
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bringing external documentation internally , Deep Into Pharo , PBE

abergel
No permission at all. You just have to give credit to the authors, nothing more nothing less

Cheers,
Alexandre

> On 5 Nov 2013, at 06:16, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is this a problem ? I want to bring external documentation inside the Pharo image, and I was wondering if I need permission and such. I will be editing also some documentation to make it easier to read and more current. I am already working on Nativeboost documentation.

Reply | Threaded
|

Clément Béra
In reply to this post by kilon.alios
How do you want to bring it ? With class comments, method with comment only ?

I guess it is not a problem as long as it does not take too much memory (I mean as long as it is not a Mb).

2013/11/5 kilon alios <[hidden email]>
Is this a problem ? I want to bring external documentation inside the Pharo image, and I was wondering if I need permission and such. I will be editing also some documentation to make it easier to read and more current. I am already working on Nativeboost documentation. 

Reply | Threaded
|

kilon.alios
Neither, I am using the existing Help Browser which I extend with my own class called Prometheas. Currently it fixes only the refresh button problem but in the future I will completely redesign it cause it is part of my larger project Ephestos that will bring a new GUI API (using Athens) and I will base it on that. 

Size wise, we have discussed it before, its only text so it should be negligible. Probably a few Mbs , so nothing major. Just to be clear this will be part of Ephestos that I will keep external to Pharo that you will be able to install via Configuration Browser, So if you dont want it you don't install it. The beauty of freedom of choice ;) 

Thanks for the info Alexander I will copy paste the credits from these books.     

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
How do you want to bring it ? With class comments, method with comment only ?

I guess it is not a problem as long as it does not take too much memory (I mean as long as it is not a Mb).

2013/11/5 kilon alios <[hidden email]>