Broken link to wiki on squeak.org

Frank Shearar-3
The "Wiki" link in the header should point to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak.

I'd really like to see the <>s properly aligned within the circles.

But otherwise, thanks!

frank

Re: Broken link to wiki on squeak.org

Chris Muller-3
Eh, and while we're on the topic, Chris, may I also thank you for putting that "logo" on the site?

However, I really wanted to have the logo at the ^top^.  Every web-site that represents an entity puts their logo at the top for instant brand recognition.  OTOH, I think of "Powered by" logos as "bragging" logos, but we really don't need to brag about a static-content site, when Squeak is capable of sophisticated websites.

I really think we should remove the "Powered by" logo and have just the standard logo somewhere at the top..

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
The "Wiki" link in the header should point to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak.

I'd really like to see the <>s properly aligned within the circles.

But otherwise, thanks!

frank

Re: Broken link to wiki on squeak.org

Chris Cunnington-4

On Aug 14, 2014, at 2:32 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

Eh, and while we're on the topic, Chris, may I also thank you for putting that "logo" on the site?

However, I really wanted to have the logo at the ^top^.  Every web-site that represents an entity puts their logo at the top for instant brand recognition.  OTOH, I think of "Powered by" logos as "bragging" logos, but we really don't need to brag about a static-content site, when Squeak is capable of sophisticated websites.

I really think we should remove the "Powered by" logo and have just the standard logo somewhere at the top..

OK. Let me think a bit about where best the logo could fit into the CSS scheme that’s there.

Chris

On Aug 14, 2014, at 5:08 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

The "Wiki" link in the header should point to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak

OK.
I'd really like to see the <>s properly aligned within the circles.

I don’t think I can do that. I believe that’s the way they’re aligned in the depths of Bootstrap CSS.

Chris

But otherwise, thanks!

frank

re: Broken link to wiki on squeak.org

ccrraaiigg

> Every web-site that represents an entity puts their logo at the top
> for instant brand recognition.  OTOH, I think of "Powered by" logos
> as "bragging" logos, but we really don't need to brag about a static-
> content site, when Squeak is capable of sophisticated websites.
>
> I really think we should remove the "Powered by" logo and have just
> the standard logo somewhere at the top.

     Yeah, good points.

-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org

Re: Broken link to wiki on squeak.org

Paul DeBruicker
To fix the appearance of the arrows in the slider/carousel

Change the "less than sign" to ‹

and the "greater than sign" to ›

Chris Cunnington-4 wrote

On Friday, August 15, 2014, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
To fix the appearance of the arrows in the slider/carousel

Change the "less than sign" to &lsaquo;

and the "greater than sign" to &rsaquo;

Super. Thank you. I'll do that.
Chris