Broken window alert

Guillermo Polito
Hi Guys,

With Pablo we were discussing that it would be nice to stop with the integrations until we fix the broken tests.
We have crossed the 20 broken tests for more than 20 builds.
We should put some energy in fixing those, but we are afraid that if we continue this way, eventually it will become unmanageable.

Cheers,
Guille

Re: Broken window alert

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I agree, could you post a link to or a list of the broken tests ?

> On 6 Apr 2021, at 22:54, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> With Pablo we were discussing that it would be nice to stop with the integrations until we fix the broken tests.
> We have crossed the 20 broken tests for more than 20 builds.
> We should put some energy in fixing those, but we are afraid that if we continue this way, eventually it will become unmanageable.
>
> Cheers,
> Guille

Re: Broken window alert

tesonep@gmail.com

Pablo Tesone.

Re: Broken window alert

Guillermo Polito

El 6 abr 2021, a las 22:55, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> escribió:

I agree, could you post a link to or a list of the broken tests ?

Sure :)

The CI:

Last Three Jobs:

On 6 Apr 2021, at 22:54, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Guys,

With Pablo we were discussing that it would be nice to stop with the integrations until we fix the broken tests.
We have crossed the 20 broken tests for more than 20 builds.
We should put some energy in fixing those, but we are afraid that if we continue this way, eventually it will become unmanageable.

Cheers,
Guille

Re: Broken window alert

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Pablo, Guille,

Thanks for the links.

You can consider the Zn/Zdc failures fixed. Something changed recently with the Google query service so that it now includes a redirect. The full ZnClient follows those without any problems, but these tests are much more primitive and can't handle a redirect. I now use DuckDuckGo for the test at this level.

Here is the first change

  https://github.com/svenvc/zinc/commit/75710f9832e6ddad8a477d061978149b1d08c6b8

and the second

  https://github.com/svenvc/zodiac/commit/cd4c4ee7e7cc8eb3624b4c7b4f8af861481cd37e

my own tests for Pharo 7, 8 and 9 are green

  https://github.com/svenvc/zinc/actions/runs/725549812

I will now try to make a PR on a current Pharo 9 image.

Sven

> On 6 Apr 2021, at 22:58, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> El 6 abr 2021, a las 22:55, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>
>> I agree, could you post a link to or a list of the broken tests ?
>
> Sure :)
>
> The CI:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/Test%20pending%20pull%20request%20and%20branch%20Pipeline/job/Pharo9.0/
>
> Last Three Jobs:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/Test%20pending%20pull%20request%20and%20branch%20Pipeline/job/Pharo9.0/1286/
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/Test%20pending%20pull%20request%20and%20branch%20Pipeline/job/Pharo9.0/1285/
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/Test%20pending%20pull%20request%20and%20branch%20Pipeline/job/Pharo9.0/1284/
>

>>> On 6 Apr 2021, at 22:54, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> With Pablo we were discussing that it would be nice to stop with the integrations until we fix the broken tests.
>>> We have crossed the 20 broken tests for more than 20 builds.
>>> We should put some energy in fixing those, but we are afraid that if we continue this way, eventually it will become unmanageable.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Guille

Re: Broken window alert

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
And here is the PR, I hope it is OK:

https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/8977

> On 7 Apr 2021, at 11:53, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pablo, Guille,
>
> Thanks for the links.
>
> You can consider the Zn/Zdc failures fixed. Something changed recently with the Google query service so that it now includes a redirect. The full ZnClient follows those without any problems, but these tests are much more primitive and can't handle a redirect. I now use DuckDuckGo for the test at this level.
>
> Here is the first change
>
>  https://github.com/svenvc/zinc/commit/75710f9832e6ddad8a477d061978149b1d08c6b8
>
> and the second
>
>  https://github.com/svenvc/zodiac/commit/cd4c4ee7e7cc8eb3624b4c7b4f8af861481cd37e
>
> my own tests for Pharo 7, 8 and 9 are green
>
>  https://github.com/svenvc/zinc/actions/runs/725549812
>
> I will now try to make a PR on a current Pharo 9 image.
>
> Sven
>
>> On 6 Apr 2021, at 22:58, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> El 6 abr 2021, a las 22:55, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>>
>>> I agree, could you post a link to or a list of the broken tests ?
>>
>> Sure :)
>>
>> The CI:
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-ci-jenkins2/job/Test%20pending%20pull%20request%20and%20branch%20Pipeline/job/Pharo9.0/
>>
>> Last Three Jobs: