[Browser] object is deprecated

Steve Quezadas
Hello,

I am porting a package into Pharo 8. One of the objects is referring to object [Browser], but that does not seem to present in Pharo8 and deprecated in Pharo5. What is the modern replacement for [Browser]?

Also, is there a "smaltalk" way to find out recommended replacements for deprecated objects?

- Steve

PS How do you open object [Browser] in Pharo5, so I can at least visually see it? "Browser new open" and "Browser new openInWorld" both don't work.

Re: [Browser] object is deprecated

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Steve

   Smalltalk tools browser open

вс, 9 февр. 2020 г. в 17:37, Steve Quezadas <[hidden email]>:
Hello,

I am porting a package into Pharo 8. One of the objects is referring to object [Browser], but that does not seem to present in Pharo8 and deprecated in Pharo5. What is the modern replacement for [Browser]?

Also, is there a "smaltalk" way to find out recommended replacements for deprecated objects?

- Steve

PS How do you open object [Browser] in Pharo5, so I can at least visually see it? "Browser new open" and "Browser new openInWorld" both don't work.

Re: [Browser] object is deprecated

Steve Quezadas
Thank you.

I see that this opens Nautilus. Is Calypso the Pharo8 equivalent?

How do I find the class of the Calypso browser? Do I "halo click" a Calypso browser, I assume? And then click the wrench thing? What area of the browser do I click on to get the name of the object it is from?