BrowserEnvironment is broken?

Oscar Nierstrasz

Hi Folks,

In the latest pharo-web image (pharo1.0-10440-BETAweb09.09.1), the
BrowserEnvironment is acting strangely:

(BrowserEnvironment new forClasses: (Boolean withAllSubclasses))
        selectMethods: [:method | method sendsToSuper ];
        label: 'super sends';
        open.

This lists a whole bunch of methods that do *not* send super,
including Boolean>>#&.

If I check:

(Boolean>>#&) sendsToSuper --> false

So what is wrong?  This worked ok back at the beginning of July ...

- on

Re: BrowserEnvironment is broken?

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Remove your first cascade, and it works.
I'm not sure how it worked back in July, but now selectMethods: doesn't
modify the current environment, it return a new Environment on the methods.
So your code is telling the Browser with the class as env to set its
label and open, not the Browser with the methods as env.

((BrowserEnvironment new forClasses: (Boolean withAllSubclasses))
        selectMethods: [:method | method sendsToSuper ])
        label: 'super sends';
        open.
works like you expect.

Cheers,
Henry

Oscar Nierstrasz skrev:

> Hi Folks,
>
> In the latest pharo-web image (pharo1.0-10440-BETAweb09.09.1), the
> BrowserEnvironment is acting strangely:
>
> (BrowserEnvironment new forClasses: (Boolean withAllSubclasses))
> selectMethods: [:method | method sendsToSuper ];
> label: 'super sends';
> open.
>
> This lists a whole bunch of methods that do *not* send super,
> including Boolean>>#&.
>
> If I check:
>
> (Boolean>>#&) sendsToSuper --> false
>
> So what is wrong?  This worked ok back at the beginning of July ...
>
> - on

Re: BrowserEnvironment is broken?

Oscar Nierstrasz

Boy, is my face red now!

Thanks!!!  This was driving me crazy.

- on

On Sep 11, 2009, at 15:51, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> Remove your first cascade, and it works.
> I'm not sure how it worked back in July, but now selectMethods:
> doesn't
> modify the current environment, it return a new Environment on the
> methods.
> So your code is telling the Browser with the class as env to set its
> label and open, not the Browser with the methods as env.
>
> ((BrowserEnvironment new forClasses: (Boolean withAllSubclasses))
> selectMethods: [:method | method sendsToSuper ])
> label: 'super sends';
> open.
> works like you expect.
>
> Cheers,
> Henry
>

> Oscar Nierstrasz skrev:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> In the latest pharo-web image (pharo1.0-10440-BETAweb09.09.1), the
>> BrowserEnvironment is acting strangely:
>>
>> (BrowserEnvironment new forClasses: (Boolean withAllSubclasses))
>> selectMethods: [:method | method sendsToSuper ];
>> label: 'super sends';
>> open.
>>
>> This lists a whole bunch of methods that do *not* send super,
>> including Boolean>>#&.
>>
>> If I check:
>>
>> (Boolean>>#&) sendsToSuper --> false
>>
>> So what is wrong?  This worked ok back at the beginning of July ...
>>
>> - on

Re: BrowserEnvironment is broken?

Stéphane Ducasse
If I would be red each time I do a mistake....

Stef