Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

kilon
Is it possible to browse inherited methods in Nautilus without going back the hierarchy ?

I want the class to display all its methods including the ones that it inherits from super classes.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Camillo Bruni-3
this is only partially possible using the following:

cmd/ctrl-shift-M find any implemented method
cmd-m find a method in the current class

don't forget to check the complete shortcut-list (NautilusWindow, top right corner, "Shortcuts description")

On 2012-12-19, at 05:51, dimitris chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to browse inherited methods in Nautilus without going back the hierarchy ?
>
> I want the class to display all its methods including the ones that it inherits from super classes.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

EstebanLM
Previous versions of pharo use to have a "protocol browser", which idea was to show exactly that. But no one was using so it was removed.
I still miss a way to easy access that information but I feel a specific browser is too much. Probably a Nautilus plugin would be a lot better :)

On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> this is only partially possible using the following:
>
> cmd/ctrl-shift-M find any implemented method
> cmd-m find a method in the current class
>
> don't forget to check the complete shortcut-list (NautilusWindow, top right corner, "Shortcuts description")
>
> On 2012-12-19, at 05:51, dimitris chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to browse inherited methods in Nautilus without going back the hierarchy ?
>>
>> I want the class to display all its methods including the ones that it inherits from super classes.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
MessageBrowser  openFullProtocolForClass: aClass
or
MessageBrowser  openSubProtocolForClass: aClass if you do not want methods from Object and ProtoObject

Ben

On Dec 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Previous versions of pharo use to have a "protocol browser", which idea was to show exactly that. But no one was using so it was removed.
> I still miss a way to easy access that information but I feel a specific browser is too much. Probably a Nautilus plugin would be a lot better :)
>
> On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> this is only partially possible using the following:
>>
>> cmd/ctrl-shift-M find any implemented method
>> cmd-m find a method in the current class
>>
>> don't forget to check the complete shortcut-list (NautilusWindow, top right corner, "Shortcuts description")
>>
>> On 2012-12-19, at 05:51, dimitris chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to browse inherited methods in Nautilus without going back the hierarchy ?
>>>
>>> I want the class to display all its methods including the ones that it inherits from super classes.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

kilon

probably I have not been clear enough. What I want is this, as it is already if i click inside Nautilus on a class it shows me all the methods it defines / overides but does not show the methods it inherits. The only way I could find is to browse the hierarchy and browse each class it inherits from but of course thats is tedious.

ctrl-shift-M does not work for me
alt-m works but i have to choose a method and this is not what I want because that is even more time consuming than browsing the hierarchy.

Thanks for the reply.

On 2012-12-19, at 05:51, dimitris chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to browse inherited methods in Nautilus without going back the hierarchy ?
>
> I want the class to display all its methods including the ones that it inherits from super classes.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

EstebanLM
ha, I had no idea that was somewhere... cool!

On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MessageBrowser  openFullProtocolForClass: aClass
> or
> MessageBrowser  openSubProtocolForClass: aClass if you do not want methods from Object and ProtoObject
>
> Ben
>

> On Dec 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Previous versions of pharo use to have a "protocol browser", which idea was to show exactly that. But no one was using so it was removed.
>> I still miss a way to easy access that information but I feel a specific browser is too much. Probably a Nautilus plugin would be a lot better :)
>>
>> On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> this is only partially possible using the following:
>>>
>>> cmd/ctrl-shift-M find any implemented method
>>> cmd-m find a method in the current class
>>>
>>> don't forget to check the complete shortcut-list (NautilusWindow, top right corner, "Shortcuts description")

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

kilon

wow thank you so much, this is exactly what I wanted

On 2012-12-19, at 10:34, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> MessageBrowser  openFullProtocolForClass: aClass
> or
> MessageBrowser  openSubProtocolForClass: aClass if you do not want methods from Object and ProtoObject

should add a shortcut for that :)

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Adrian Sampaleanu

Is this currently broken in 2.0 (updated to 20443)? I get a MNU on MorphicBindings>>contents with the following:

MessageBrowser openSubProtocolForClass: RBPatternParser.

-- Adrian

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Seems to work on a 20443 freshly downloaded

Ben

Adrian Sampaleanu
Yeah, it looks like the last couple of updates messed up my image. I get the same MNU when I try to bring up the Change Sorter from the tools menu.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Adrian Sampaleanu
This post was updated on .
Confirmed, my last saved image was 20435 and it was still working there.

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Marcus Denker-4

This just has been fixed in 2.0#443

Re: Browsing inherited methods in Nautilus

Adrian Sampaleanu
This post was updated on .
Hi Marcus,

Actually, as I mentioned above, starting from 20435 and updating to 20443 you still get the MNU. As Benjamin said, it does work in a freshly downloaded 443, but my image was updated to that version, not fresh.

-- Adrian

On Dec 20, 2012, at 2:50 AM, Adrian Sampaleanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Marcus,
>
> Actually, as I mentioned above, starting from 20335 and updating to 20443
> you still get the MNU. As Benjamin said, it does work in a freshly
> downloaded 443, but my image was updated to that version, not fresh.
Strange...

        Marcus