Build of Pharo, Squeak Source 3, Seaside 3.x, and Gemstone 3 Beta?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Build of Pharo, Squeak Source 3, Seaside 3.x, and Gemstone 3 Beta?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, where can I obtain a build of Pharo, SqueakSource 3, Seaside 3.x.y, and Gemstone 3 Beta?  Or does such a build even exist?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Build of Pharo, Squeak Source 3, Seaside 3.x, and Gemstone 3 Beta?

Tobias Pape
Conrad,

Am 2011-06-09 um 04:57 schrieb Conrad Taylor:

> Hi, where can I obtain a build of Pharo, SqueakSource 3, Seaside 3.x.y, and Gemstone 3 Beta?  Or does such a build even exist?

There are no pre-built images or installations at the moment,
but in all, Pharo, Squeak and Gemstone (that is, 2.4.x at the moment),
you can install SqueakSource3 via its configuration.

Best
        -Tobias

Reply | Threaded
|

Conrad Taylor
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
Conrad,

Am 2011-06-09 um 04:57 schrieb Conrad Taylor:

> Hi, where can I obtain a build of Pharo, SqueakSource 3, Seaside 3.x.y, and Gemstone 3 Beta?  Or does such a build even exist?

There are no pre-built images or installations at the moment,
but in all, Pharo, Squeak and Gemstone (that is, 2.4.x at the moment),
you can install SqueakSource3 via its configuration.

I guess these Gemstone/S 2.4.x and Pharo builds can be found on one of the Gemstone sites?

-Conrad

Best
       -Tobias

Reply | Threaded
|

NorbertHartl
In reply to this post by Conrad Taylor

Am 09.06.2011 um 04:57 schrieb Conrad Taylor:

>
I've added a build for squeaksource3 on GemStone 2.4.4.1 on my jenkins server

https://jenkins.selfish.org/

I made some of the builds public: glass, seaside3, pier2, squeaksource3 and zinc. I'm open to add some more if you like to have a build on gemstone. Well, on pharo, too, but most of the time there is a more official place for that build.

In the next version of my stone creator util I will integrate a switch between gemstone versions. Then I could add gemstone3 builds as well.

btw. if you are interested in doing your own builds you can have a look at

https://gitorious.org/gemstone-tools/gsbuilder

it is the script I use to do my jenkins builds. I will add documentation soon. Until then just ask if you don't understand something. You will need the stone creator checked out in /opt/stone-creator.

Norbert
Reply | Threaded
|

Monty Williams-3
In reply to this post by Conrad Taylor
Conrad,

You can get GemStone/S 2.4 from ftp://ftp.gemstone.com/pub/GemStone64/ 

You can get GemStone/S 3.x from there as well, but you'll get newer versions (i.e. 3.0.1) by installing MagLev -- e.g. if you install MagLev-25943, you'll get a GemStone-25943 as a sibling directory. Soft-link that GemStone directory to /opt/gemstone/product and you'll have a standard GemStone installation. If you want to run MagLev in addition, run $MAGLEV_HOME/setupLocks.sh which will put MagLev locks|log in /opt/gemstone so a gslist will show both MagLev and GemStone.

-- Monty

To: "GemStone Seaside beta discussion" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2011 7:57:24 PM
Subject: [GS/SS Beta]  Build of Pharo, Squeak Source 3, Seaside 3.x, and Gemstone 3 Beta?

Hi, where can I obtain a build of Pharo, SqueakSource 3, Seaside 3.x.y, and Gemstone 3 Beta?  Or does such a build even exist?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Reply | Threaded
|

Conrad Taylor
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Monty Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Conrad,

You can get GemStone/S 3.x from there as well, but you'll get newer versions (i.e. 3.0.1) by installing MagLev -- e.g. if you install MagLev-25943, you'll get a GemStone-25943 as a sibling directory. Soft-link that GemStone directory to /opt/gemstone/product and you'll have a standard GemStone installation. If you want to run MagLev in addition, run $MAGLEV_HOME/setupLocks.sh which will put MagLev locks|log in /opt/gemstone so a gslist will show both MagLev and GemStone.

-- Monty

Monty, I have installed Maglev via RVM.  Thus, I just need to soft-link and set-up-locks.

-Conrad

Subject: [GS/SS Beta]  Build of Pharo, Squeak Source 3, Seaside 3.x, and Gemstone 3 Beta?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Reply | Threaded
|

Monty Williams-3
Conrad,

To use GemStone by itself there are some environment variables you'll have to set in addition to the soft-link and setup /opt/gemstone/locks|log. Check the admin guide.

-- Monty

Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2011 11:15:05 AM
Subject: Re: [GS/SS Beta] Build of Pharo, Squeak Source 3, Seaside 3.x, and Gemstone 3 Beta?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Monty Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
Conrad,

-- Monty

Monty, I have installed Maglev via RVM.  Thus, I just need to soft-link and set-up-locks.

-Conrad

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad