Building Pharo on a Core 1.1

Torsten Bergmann
>But I would like to benefit from the snappy interface and the nice menu.

Yes - but since we changed more than just the nice menu I think
the whole config and anything that gets loaded need to be revised for 1.1.

Bye
T.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: Building Pharo on a Core 1.1

Dale

----- "Alexandre Bergel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| But I get an error raised by MetacelloPackageSpec>>instVarNames:put:
|
| apparently some reflective operations try to access a non-existing
| variable.
|
| I know that Pharo is meant to be built from a stable core. But I would
| like to benefit from the snappy interface and the nice menu. Anyone
| tried ?

Odd... there's one spot where Metacello uses instVarNamed:put: and the names being used should correspond 1 to 1 with instance variables of the specs.

Do you have more detail about the error? The receiver's class and the value and class of the args to instVarNamed:put: might help.

Dale

On Feb 24, 2010, at 11:46 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

>> But I would like to benefit from the snappy interface and the nice menu.
>
> Yes - but since we changed more than just the nice menu I think
> the whole config and anything that gets loaded need to be revised for 1.1.

oh yesssssssssssss
1.1 is busy.
Now alex can give a try. There are tests to run and propose fixes too.

> Bye
> T.
>

> --
> Sicherer, schneller und einfacher. Die aktuellen Internet-Browser -
> jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser

Re: Building Pharo on a Core 1.1

Alexandre Bergel
Hi Dale,

Here is the PharoDebug.log
I would be pleased to give another try.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 24 Feb 2010, at 20:36, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> ----- "Alexandre Bergel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | But I get an error raised by MetacelloPackageSpec>>instVarNames:put:
> |
> | apparently some reflective operations try to access a non-existing
> | variable.
> |
> | I know that Pharo is meant to be built from a stable core. But I
> would
> | like to benefit from the snappy interface and the nice menu. Anyone
> | tried ?
>
> Odd... there's one spot where Metacello uses instVarNamed:put: and
> the names being used should correspond 1 to 1 with instance
> variables of the specs.
>
> Do you have more detail about the error? The receiver's class and
> the value and class of the args to instVarNamed:put: might help.
>
> Dale

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

PharoDebug.log (109K) Download Attachment