Building Pharo using Interpreter Class

Kirstin Heidler
My freind Dimitri was not able to post his message. I am working with
him on this.

Hello,

as part of a Seminar in the University im trying to build the PharoVM.
According to the README file here ([1]) I was able to generate and to
build the VM successfully.

Now I would like to build the VM without Cog or Stack-to-Register
optimizations... The problem here is, that I could not find any config
class (which is a subclass of CPlatformConfig), that provides the right
configurations and allows to build the VM without errors. I have tried
to modify PharoUnixConfig(because it was the default config class), but
unfortunately the build failes when the compiler tries to compile
gcc3x-interp.c.

Could somebody help me with this problem? How should I configure my own
Config class?

Basically our Group tries to implement an object table in Pharo and we
want to use (and modify) the basic Interpreter class.

[1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm

Best regards,
Dimitri Korsch

Re: Building Pharo using Interpreter Class

Stéphane Ducasse
Hello kirstin

why dimitri is not able to post? can you tell us more?

Stef