classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building the iOS VM - Help

philippeback
I am trying to build the VM for iOS.
Got the sources from the ci jenkins server (the ones that built last month, as the current one is red).

/platforms has something looking like it. (iOS)

But Cog is x86 and iOS is ARM7.

So, I guess that I have to build a StackVM for it to work.

But there is nothing about iOS in the instructions (Part1, Part2, ...)

The MacOSX VM is documented but not the iOS version.

As maintenance was taken over from John, how do we build from here? (I also tried from a copy out of squeak-svn to no avail).

My setup: OSX Lion, latest XCode upgraded from Snow Leopard, so I do have GCC on it as well (as LLVM doesn't work).

Target devices: iPad 2 3G, iPad 2 Wifi, iPhone 3GS (All with iOS 5.1).

My wife is a math teacher and my point with all this is to have a working VM running Dr Geo II.

I am currently having fun with Arduino and would like to bridge it with the iPad through the web (using an Ethernet Shield on the Arduino) - the whole chain running Pharo inside self build VMs.

The ultimate point is to run a summer camp with kids if I can put everything together by then.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back
"Helping you hit the top 3 outcomes you really want to achieve"

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Building the iOS VM - Help

EstebanLM
Hi,

this are, more or less, the instructions to build an iOS vm: 

you need: 

- cmake 2.8.3 (not working with latest 2.8.7 because chainsets changed)
- xcode 4.1 or 4.2 (not working on 4.3 because cmake is not prepared to build correct project for latest xcode version)

1) clone cog-osx  (mine) or blessed from git [1]
2) in ./image download a 1.4 and install ConfigurationOfCog (latest)
3) execute:

StackIPhoneConfig new 
generateSources; generate

4) in ./build execute 

cmake -G Xcode .

5) open iStackVM.xcodeproj
6) add your own provisioning data
7) run :)

cheers,
Esteban

El 24/03/2012, a las 3:25p.m., [hidden email] escribió:

Got the sources from the ci jenkins server (the ones that built last month, as the current one is red).

As maintenance was taken over from John, how do we build from here? (I also tried from a copy out of squeak-svn to no avail).

My setup: OSX Lion, latest XCode upgraded from Snow Leopard, so I do have GCC on it as well (as LLVM doesn't work).

My wife is a math teacher and my point with all this is to have a working VM running Dr Geo II.

I am currently having fun with Arduino and would like to bridge it with the iPad through the web (using an Ethernet Shield on the Arduino) - the whole chain running Pharo inside self build VMs.

The ultimate point is to run a summer camp with kids if I can put everything together by then.

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back

Mob: +32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: +32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

philippeback

I am on 4.3. Anybody on Lion is. Anyway I ll see what this gives

Le 24 mars 2012 20:09, "Esteban Lorenzano" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

you need: 

- xcode 4.1 or 4.2 (not working on 4.3 because cmake is not prepared to build correct project for latest xcode version)

3) execute:

StackIPhoneConfig new 

4) in ./build execute 

cmake -G Xcode .

cheers,
Esteban

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back

Mob: <a href="tel:%2B32%280%29%20478%20650%20140" value="+32478650140" target="_blank">+32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%29%2070%20408%20027" value="+3270408027" target="_blank">+32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

philippe.back@highoctane.be
In reply to this post by EstebanLM
Well, I am on Lion with no intention of going back and Xcode got upgraded as well.
So, we need a way to get 4.3 to work.

Why wouldn't cmake 2.8.3 create a project that would work with 4.3 ? (other projects I did in 4.2 open in 4.3).

In another tool I do use, I do have to do: 

"NOTE: you will also have to run this from the command line after installing xcode 4.3.1:

sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app
"

And go this as well (symlinking would do, don't know yet)

Asking for a 4.2 is a sure way to see the iOS VM going downhill as Mountain Lion is on the horizon (and an Xcode update as well).

I'll give a shot at all that tomorrow.

Phil

2012/3/24 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
Hi,

you need: 

3) execute:

StackIPhoneConfig new 

4) in ./build execute 

cmake -G Xcode .

cheers,
Esteban

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back

Mob: <a href="tel:%2B32%280%29%20478%20650%20140" value="+32478650140" target="_blank">+32(0) 478 650 140 | Fax: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%29%2070%20408%20027" value="+3270408027" target="_blank">+32 (0) 70 408 027 Mail: [hidden email] | Web: http://philippeback.eu | Blog:

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by EstebanLM
Hello

I have been working at this today.

cmake 2.8.3 gives me a weird message (always the same kind, so it looks like fixable...)

I managed to get the sources generated (but a Pharo 1. 4 image failed, I used the script provided in image and this fetched me an image from Lille that worked - or so it seems).

Here is the cmake issue:

PhilMac:build philippeback$ cmake -G Xcode .

Adding internal plugin: ADPCMCodecPlugin
Adding internal plugin: BMPReadWriterPlugin
Adding internal plugin: B2DPlugin
Adding internal plugin: BitBltPlugin
Adding internal plugin: DSAPrims
Adding internal plugin: ZipPlugin
Adding internal plugin: FFTPlugin
Adding internal plugin: FilePlugin
Adding internal plugin: FloatArrayPlugin
Adding internal plugin: HostWindowPlugin
Adding internal plugin: JPEGReadWriter2Plugin
Adding internal plugin: JPEGReaderPlugin
Adding internal plugin: LargeIntegers
Adding internal plugin: Matrix2x3Plugin
Adding internal plugin: MiscPrimitivePlugin
Adding internal plugin: SecurityPlugin
Adding internal plugin: SoundCodecPrims
Adding internal plugin: SoundPlugin
Adding internal plugin: SurfacePlugin
Adding internal plugin: UUIDPlugin
Adding internal plugin: ObjectiveCPlugin
Adding internal plugin: IOSPlugin
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
CoreGraphics_FMWK
    linked by target "iStackVM" in directory /Users/philippeback/iosvm/cog-osx/build
    linked by target "iStackVM" in directory /Users/philippeback/iosvm/cog-osx/build
OpenGLES_FMWK
UIKit_FMWK

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Hi,

you need: 

3) execute:

StackIPhoneConfig new 

4) in ./build execute 

cmake -G Xcode .

cheers,
Esteban

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

Reply | Threaded
|

Hello,

I have spent a fair chunk of my day grinding my teeth at getting this working in Xcode 4.3

Not there yet.

I am better at Cmake, Xcode 4.3, iOS5.1 SDK and GenerateSources for sure...

The Xcode project gets generated but Xcode doesn't agrees with me opening it.

Key findings:

* all pathes are different with Xcode 4.3 - there is a patch for Cmake to deal with this, I applied it into my macports install.
* several frameworks are not findable as expressed in the cmake config (CoreGraphics, UIKit, ..)
* there was a bug in the image, where sqTouch.m is involved. The correct thing is IOSPlugin and not touchplugin as mentioned
* a lot of pathes are hardcoded in the image and it for sure doesn't help with the relocation of stuff by Apple

It would be great to be able to discuss this in an IM session one of these days. The answer is not far.

Attached the cmake stuff from the main dir (there are things in all plugins but they all come from generate sources initially).

Kind Regards,
Philippe 

2012/3/26 [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Hello

I have been working at this today.

cmake 2.8.3 gives me a weird message (always the same kind, so it looks like fixable...)

I managed to get the sources generated (but a Pharo 1. 4 image failed, I used the script provided in image and this fetched me an image from Lille that worked - or so it seems).

Here is the cmake issue:

PhilMac:build philippeback$ cmake -G Xcode .

Adding internal plugin: ADPCMCodecPlugin
Adding internal plugin: BMPReadWriterPlugin
Adding internal plugin: B2DPlugin
Adding internal plugin: BitBltPlugin
Adding internal plugin: DSAPrims
Adding internal plugin: ZipPlugin
Adding internal plugin: FFTPlugin
Adding internal plugin: FilePlugin
Adding internal plugin: FloatArrayPlugin
Adding internal plugin: HostWindowPlugin
Adding internal plugin: JPEGReadWriter2Plugin
Adding internal plugin: JPEGReaderPlugin
Adding internal plugin: LargeIntegers
Adding internal plugin: Matrix2x3Plugin
Adding internal plugin: MiscPrimitivePlugin
Adding internal plugin: SecurityPlugin
Adding internal plugin: SoundCodecPrims
Adding internal plugin: SoundPlugin
Adding internal plugin: SurfacePlugin
Adding internal plugin: UUIDPlugin
Adding internal plugin: ObjectiveCPlugin
Adding internal plugin: IOSPlugin
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
CoreGraphics_FMWK
OpenGLES_FMWK
UIKit_FMWK

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Hi,

you need: 

3) execute:

StackIPhoneConfig new 

4) in ./build execute 

cmake -G Xcode .

cheers,
Esteban

Thanks in advance,
Philippe

--
Philippe Back

High Octane SPRL
rue cour Boisacq 101
1301 Bierges

CMakeLists.txt (23K) Download Attachment
cmake_install.cmake (4K) Download Attachment
directories.cmake (688 bytes) Download Attachment