Building under OSX

Giuseppe
Hi all, It's me again :D

I'm trying to get it VisualGST working under OSX. I downloaded gst3.2
and trying to make, I get:
libtool: link: mv -f ".libs/gst-gtk.expT" ".libs/gst-gtk.exp"
libtool: link: sed -e 's,^,_,' < .libs/gst-gtk.exp > .libs/gst-gtk-
symbols.expsym
libtool: link: gcc  -o .libs/gst-gtk-3.2.so -bundle  .libs/gst-
gtk.o .libs/placer.o   -L/Library/Frameworks/GLib.framework/Resources/
dev/lib -L/Library/Frameworks/Cairo.framework/Resources/dev/lib -L/
Library/Frameworks/Gtk.framework/Resources/dev/lib -lGtk -lGLib -
liconv -lCairo -lz -lm    -Wl,-exported_symbols_list,.libs/gst-gtk-
symbols.expsym
Undefined symbols:
  "_g_poll", referenced from:
      _main_loop_thread in gst-gtk.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [gst-gtk.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [GTK.star] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have GTK-Osx installed, and config.log is http://db.tt/9GxCmm

Before make I did:
autoreconf -fvi
/configure --prefix=/opt --with-gmp=/opt/lib CFLAGS='-O2 -g'
make

Some idea?

Cheers.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Re: Building under OSX

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 05/24/2010 10:40 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:

> Hi all, It's me again :D
>
> I'm trying to get it VisualGST working under OSX. I downloaded gst3.2
> and trying to make, I get:
> libtool: link: mv -f ".libs/gst-gtk.expT" ".libs/gst-gtk.exp"
> libtool: link: sed -e 's,^,_,' < .libs/gst-gtk.exp >
> .libs/gst-gtk-symbols.expsym
> libtool: link: gcc -o .libs/gst-gtk-3.2.so -bundle .libs/gst-gtk.o
> .libs/placer.o -L/Library/Frameworks/GLib.framework/Resources/dev/lib
> -L/Library/Frameworks/Cairo.framework/Resources/dev/lib
> -L/Library/Frameworks/Gtk.framework/Resources/dev/lib -lGtk -lGLib
> -liconv -lCairo -lz -lm
> -Wl,-exported_symbols_list,.libs/gst-gtk-symbols.expsym
> Undefined symbols:
> "_g_poll", referenced from:
> _main_loop_thread in gst-gtk.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [gst-gtk.la] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [GTK.star] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I have GTK-Osx installed, and config.log is http://db.tt/9GxCmm
>
> Before make I did:
> autoreconf -fvi
> /configure --prefix=/opt --with-gmp=/opt/lib CFLAGS='-O2 -g'
> make
>
> Some idea?

It's probably that you have a glib that is too old (or otherwise it is a
bug in glib).  What version of glib are you using ("pkg-config
--modversion glib-2.0")?

Also, there should be a gpoll.h somewhere under
/Library/Frameworks/GLib.framework, can you attach it?

As a workaround you can use CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll'.  If it fails,
search for g_poll in the packages/gtk/gst-gtk.c file and replace it with
poll.  I'll include a configure test in 3.2.1.

Paolo

Re: Building under OSX

Giuseppe

> It's probably that you have a glib that is too old (or otherwise it
> is a bug in glib).  What version of glib are you using ("pkg-config
> --modversion glib-2.0")?

galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0
2.21.4

> Also, there should be a gpoll.h somewhere under /Library/Frameworks/
> GLib.framework, can you attach it?

Uhmm....I have a gpoll.h in
galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ locate gpoll.h
/opt/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gpoll.h

This looks like coming from Macports, probaly is disturbing to gtk-
osx? I'm thinking about reinstall completly macports, I think is full
of garbage.

> As a workaround you can use CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll'.

With this, I get:
Undefined symbols:
   "_rpl_poll", referenced from:
       _main_loop_thread in gst-gtk.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [gst-gtk.la] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [GTK.star] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried to improvise with:
./configure --with-gmp=/opt/lib CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll -
Drpl_poll=poll'

et voilá....

But I don't know the collateral damage of this command.

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Imagen 1.png (76K) Download Attachment

Re: Building under OSX

Paolo Bonzini-2
>> Also, there should be a gpoll.h somewhere under
>> /Library/Frameworks/GLib.framework, can you attach it?
>
> Uhmm....I have a gpoll.h in
> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ locate gpoll.h
> /opt/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gpoll.h
>
> This looks like coming from Macports, probaly is disturbing to gtk-osx? I'm
> thinking about reinstall completly macports, I think is full of garbage.

No, that shouldn't be a problem.  I can fix this, thanks.  It's just
that your glib has no g_poll, your workaround is okay for now.

Thanks,

Paolo

Re: Building under OSX

Mathieu Suen-2

I am also on osx and I have only be able to compile 32 bit gst.
Are you compiling a 64 gst?

If so I am interested in how you manage to do it.

Thanks
        Mth

On May 25, 2010, at 9:04 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:

>> It's probably that you have a glib that is too old (or otherwise it is a bug in glib).  What version of glib are you using ("pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0")?
>
> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0
> 2.21.4
>

>> Also, there should be a gpoll.h somewhere under /Library/Frameworks/GLib.framework, can you attach it?
>
> Uhmm....I have a gpoll.h in
> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ locate gpoll.h
> /opt/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gpoll.h
>
> This looks like coming from Macports, probaly is disturbing to gtk-osx? I'm thinking about reinstall completly macports, I think is full of garbage.
>

>> As a workaround you can use CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll'.
>
> With this, I get:
> Undefined symbols:
>  "_rpl_poll", referenced from:
>      _main_loop_thread in gst-gtk.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [gst-gtk.la] Error 1
> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: *** [GTK.star] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I tried to improvise with:
> ./configure --with-gmp=/opt/lib CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll -Drpl_poll=poll'
>
> et voilá....
>
> But I don't know the collateral damage of this command.
>
> <Imagen 1.png>
>

> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
> Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
> Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Re: Building under OSX

Giuseppe
I did a basic build. I don't know exactly if gst builded is 32 or 64
bits, sorry.

If you tell me how can I verify this, I can check about it.

Cheers.

El 28/05/2010, a las 19:23, Mathieu Suen escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I am also on osx and I have only be able to compile 32 bit gst.
> Are you compiling a 64 gst?
>
> If so I am interested in how you manage to do it.
>
> Thanks
> Mth
>

> On May 25, 2010, at 9:04 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
>

>>> It's probably that you have a glib that is too old (or otherwise
>>> it is a bug in glib).  What version of glib are you using ("pkg-
>>> config --modversion glib-2.0")?
>>
>> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0
>> 2.21.4
>>

>>> Also, there should be a gpoll.h somewhere under /Library/
>>> Frameworks/GLib.framework, can you attach it?
>>
>> Uhmm....I have a gpoll.h in
>> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ locate gpoll.h
>> /opt/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gpoll.h
>>
>> This looks like coming from Macports, probaly is disturbing to gtk-
>> osx? I'm thinking about reinstall completly macports, I think is
>> full of garbage.
>>

>>> As a workaround you can use CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll'.
>>
>> With this, I get:
>> Undefined symbols:
>> "_rpl_poll", referenced from:
>>     _main_loop_thread in gst-gtk.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[4]: *** [gst-gtk.la] Error 1
>> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
>> make[2]: *** [GTK.star] Error 2
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> I tried to improvise with:
>> ./configure --with-gmp=/opt/lib CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll -
>> Drpl_poll=poll'
>>
>> et voilá....
>>
>> But I don't know the collateral damage of this command.
>>
>> <Imagen 1.png>
>>

>> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
>> Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
>> Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

> Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et
> son interface révolutionnaire.
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Re: Building under OSX

Paolo Bonzini-2
On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 20:02, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I did a basic build. I don't know exactly if gst builded is 32 or 64 bits,
> sorry.
>
> If you tell me how can I verify this, I can check about it.

Are you on Snow Leopard?

Paolo

Re: Building under OSX

Eli Green-5

On May 28, 2010, at 20:05, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 20:02, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I did a basic build. I don't know exactly if gst builded is 32 or 64 bits,
>> sorry.
>>
>> If you tell me how can I verify this, I can check about it.

$ file gst
gst: Mach-O executable i386

contrast this with:

$ file gawk
gawk: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

Re: Building under OSX

Giuseppe

El 28/05/2010, a las 20:11, Eli Green escribió:

> On May 28, 2010, at 20:05, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 20:02, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I did a basic build. I don't know exactly if gst builded is 32 or
>>> 64 bits,
>>> sorry.
>>>
>>> If you tell me how can I verify this, I can check about it.
>
> $ file gst
> gst: Mach-O executable i386
>
> contrast this with:
>
> $ file gawk
> gawk: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

galilea-2:gst glpunzi$ file gst
gst: Bourne shell script text executable

o_O

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Re: Building under OSX

Mathieu Suen-2
just try:

$ file `which gst`

        Mth

On May 28, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:

> I did a basic build. I don't know exactly if gst builded is 32 or 64 bits, sorry.
>
> If you tell me how can I verify this, I can check about it.
>
> Cheers.
>

> El 28/05/2010, a las 19:23, Mathieu Suen escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am also on osx and I have only be able to compile 32 bit gst.
>> Are you compiling a 64 gst?
>>
>> If so I am interested in how you manage to do it.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mth

>>> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0
>>> 2.21.4

>>> Uhmm....I have a gpoll.h in
>>> galilea-2:DATOSdesarrollo glpunzi$ locate gpoll.h
>>> /opt/local/include/glib-2.0/glib/gpoll.h
>>>
>>> This looks like coming from Macports, probaly is disturbing to gtk-osx? I'm thinking about reinstall completly macports, I think is full of garbage.

>>> With this, I get:
>>> Undefined symbols:
>>> "_rpl_poll", referenced from:
>>>    _main_loop_thread in gst-gtk.o
>>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[4]: *** [gst-gtk.la] Error 1
>>> make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
>>> make[2]: *** [GTK.star] Error 2
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>>
>>> I tried to improvise with:
>>> ./configure --with-gmp=/opt/lib CFLAGS='-O2 -g -Dg_poll=poll -Drpl_poll=poll'
>>>
>>> et voilá....
>>>
>>> But I don't know the collateral damage of this command.
>>>
>>> <Imagen 1.png>
>>>

>>> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
>>> Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
>>> Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

>> Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface révolutionnaire.
>> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
>
> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
> Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
> Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Re: Building under OSX

Giuseppe
galilea-2:~ glpunzi$ file `which gst`
/usr/local/bin/gst: Mach-O executable i386

Sorry :P

El 28/05/2010, a las 21:12, Mathieu Suen escribió:

> just try:
>
> $ file `which gst`
>
> Mth
>

> On May 28, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
>
>> I did a basic build. I don't know exactly if gst builded is 32 or
>> 64 bits, sorry.
>>
>> If you tell me how can I verify this, I can check about it.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> El 28/05/2010, a las 19:23, Mathieu Suen escribió:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am also on osx and I have only be able to compile 32 bit gst.
>>> Are you compiling a 64 gst?
>>>
>>> If so I am interested in how you manage to do it.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mth

>>> ___________________________________________________________________________
>>> Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail
>>> et son interface révolutionnaire.
>>> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
>>
>> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
>> Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
>> Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Blog: http://www.lordzealon.com
Twitter & Skype & GoogleTalk accounts: glpunzi

Re: Building under OSX

Mathieu Suen-2
Ok thanks :)
So I guess that you glib and the gtklib is build in 32.

        Mth