Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy,

Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy,

cedreek
Hi again, this is my last question and the more general one of the day :-)

I’m looking for way of representing and executing simple "business processes" in Pharo and a way of declaring domain ontologies/taxonomies.

I didn’t find any lib around this subjects except some projects in other smalltalk dialects.

I just wander if somebody has done some work in these field. I’m also interested in (KISS) design discussions around these topics, hence this email.

I don’t want to do a full fledged business process middleware.

I would need :
- a way to represent simple business processes (succession of activities with logic gates (and/or/xor) => I might be able to do that by myself).
- a way to execute these processes (routines) in a semi-aotumatic manner => This looks more difficult to do to me.
=> my aim is to execute recurrent routines (my routines) with the help of a Pharo application

For such a system, I also need a way to categorize information context. Again, I don’t think I need a full fledged ontology implementation like Description Logic (or whatever). I think I’ll be happy with information tagging according to a predefined taxonomy. Instead of flat tags, I’d like them to implement some sort of multiple inheritance. For instance, I may need a tag #soccer that  "inherit" #sport.

Any information regarding taxonomy tagging in Pharo ? (Or eventually ontology?).

TIA,

Cédrick

Re: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy,

Paul DeBruicker
Maybe the package described here has what you're looking for :

http://forum.world.st/Ann-Workflow-td4963635.html

Cédrick Béler wrote

> Hi again, this is my last question and the more general one of the day :-)
>

> I’m looking for way of representing and executing simple "business
> processes" in Pharo and a way of declaring domain ontologies/taxonomies.
>
> I didn’t find any lib around this subjects except some projects in other
> smalltalk dialects.
>
> I just wander if somebody has done some work in these field. I’m also
> interested in (KISS) design discussions around these topics, hence this
> email.
>
> I don’t want to do a full fledged business process middleware.
>
> I would need :
> - a way to represent simple business processes (succession of activities
> with logic gates (and/or/xor) => I might be able to do that by myself).
> - a way to execute these processes (routines) in a semi-aotumatic manner
> => This looks more difficult to do to me.
> => my aim is to execute recurrent routines (my routines) with the help of
> a Pharo application
>

> For such a system, I also need a way to categorize information context.
> Again, I don’t think I need a full fledged ontology implementation like
> Description Logic (or whatever). I think I’ll be happy with information
> tagging according to a predefined taxonomy. Instead of flat tags, I’d like
> them to implement some sort of multiple inheritance. For instance, I may
> need a tag #soccer that  "inherit" #sport.
>
> Any information regarding taxonomy tagging in Pharo ? (Or eventually
> ontology?).
>

> TIA,
>
> Cédrick

Re: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy,

cedreek
Thank you!

I thons this just perfect as a starting point !

Cheers,

Cedrick

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 26 oct. 2017 à 19:38, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Maybe the package described here has what you're looking for :
>
> http://forum.world.st/Ann-Workflow-td4963635.html
>

> Cédrick Béler wrote
>> Hi again, this is my last question and the more general one of the day :-)
>>

>> I’m looking for way of representing and executing simple "business
>> processes" in Pharo and a way of declaring domain ontologies/taxonomies.
>>
>> I didn’t find any lib around this subjects except some projects in other
>> smalltalk dialects.
>>
>> I just wander if somebody has done some work in these field. I’m also
>> interested in (KISS) design discussions around these topics, hence this
>> email.
>>
>> I don’t want to do a full fledged business process middleware.
>>
>> I would need :
>> - a way to represent simple business processes (succession of activities
>> with logic gates (and/or/xor) => I might be able to do that by myself).
>> - a way to execute these processes (routines) in a semi-aotumatic manner
>> => This looks more difficult to do to me.
>> => my aim is to execute recurrent routines (my routines) with the help of
>> a Pharo application
>>

>> For such a system, I also need a way to categorize information context.
>> Again, I don’t think I need a full fledged ontology implementation like
>> Description Logic (or whatever). I think I’ll be happy with information
>> tagging according to a predefined taxonomy. Instead of flat tags, I’d like
>> them to implement some sort of multiple inheritance. For instance, I may
>> need a tag #soccer that  "inherit" #sport.
>>
>> Any information regarding taxonomy tagging in Pharo ? (Or eventually
>> ontology?).
>>

>> TIA,
>>
>> Cédrick

Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

cedreek
A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.

Big thanks to Netstyle !

I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable processes.

On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside (WADynamicVariable).

Some stuffs that are missing:
#isOmniBaseTransaction
#markDirty
A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
#beginInHistory

Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its importance in the engine.
All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a stub ?

Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.

Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)

Cédrick

* Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that could bring the fun back :)

> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 09:37, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Thank you!
>
> I thons this just perfect as a starting point !
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cedrick
>
> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>
>> Le 26 oct. 2017 à 19:38, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Maybe the package described here has what you're looking for :
>>
>> http://forum.world.st/Ann-Workflow-td4963635.html
>>

>> Cédrick Béler wrote
>>> Hi again, this is my last question and the more general one of the day :-)
>>>

>>> I’m looking for way of representing and executing simple "business
>>> processes" in Pharo and a way of declaring domain ontologies/taxonomies.
>>>
>>> I didn’t find any lib around this subjects except some projects in other
>>> smalltalk dialects.
>>>
>>> I just wander if somebody has done some work in these field. I’m also
>>> interested in (KISS) design discussions around these topics, hence this
>>> email.
>>>
>>> I don’t want to do a full fledged business process middleware.
>>>
>>> I would need :
>>> - a way to represent simple business processes (succession of activities
>>> with logic gates (and/or/xor) => I might be able to do that by myself).
>>> - a way to execute these processes (routines) in a semi-aotumatic manner
>>> => This looks more difficult to do to me.
>>> => my aim is to execute recurrent routines (my routines) with the help of
>>> a Pharo application
>>>

>>> For such a system, I also need a way to categorize information context.
>>> Again, I don’t think I need a full fledged ontology implementation like
>>> Description Logic (or whatever). I think I’ll be happy with information
>>> tagging according to a predefined taxonomy. Instead of flat tags, I’d like
>>> them to implement some sort of multiple inheritance. For instance, I may
>>> need a tag #soccer that  "inherit" #sport.
>>>
>>> Any information regarding taxonomy tagging in Pharo ? (Or eventually
>>> ontology?).
>>>

>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Cédrick
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

Paul DeBruicker
there is a History package Esteban Maringolo developed here:

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~emaringolo/History

It stores objects at times and allows fast-ish point in time based lookups.

Maybe they're similar in purpose/function.

Cédrick Béler wrote

> A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.
>
> Big thanks to Netstyle !
>
> I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general
> purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
> It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all
> a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable
> processes.
>
> On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of
> WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
> Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from
> the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside
> (WADynamicVariable).
>
> Some stuffs that are missing:
> #isOmniBaseTransaction
> #markDirty
> A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
> #beginInHistory
> …
>
> Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
> The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its
> importance in the engine.
> All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are
> persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a
> stub ?
>
> Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some
> questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.
>

> Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)
>
> Cédrick
>

> * Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I
> found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and
> slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that
> could bring the fun back :)
>

>> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 09:37, Cédrick Béler &lt;

> cdrick65@

> &gt; a écrit :
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> I thons this just perfect as a starting point !
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cedrick
>>
>> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>>
>>> Le 26 oct. 2017 à 19:38, Paul DeBruicker &lt;

> pdebruic@

> &gt; a écrit :
>>>
>>> Maybe the package described here has what you're looking for :
>>>
>>> http://forum.world.st/Ann-Workflow-td4963635.html
>>>

>>> Cédrick Béler wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

Stephane Ducasse-3
Cedric

This code should be a bit documented. If you have some tests I would
be interested
And we should add tests to the repo.

Stef

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.
>
> Big thanks to Netstyle !
>
> I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
> It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable processes.
>
> On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
> Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside (WADynamicVariable).
>
> Some stuffs that are missing:
> #isOmniBaseTransaction
> #markDirty
> A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
> #beginInHistory
> …
>
> Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
> The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its importance in the engine.
> All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a stub ?
>
> Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.
>

> Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)
>
> Cédrick
>

> * Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that could bring the fun back :)
>

>> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 09:37, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> I thons this just perfect as a starting point !
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cedrick
>>
>> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>>
>>> Le 26 oct. 2017 à 19:38, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Maybe the package described here has what you're looking for :
>>>
>>> http://forum.world.st/Ann-Workflow-td4963635.html
>>>

>>> Cédrick Béler wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

Stephane Ducasse-3
Did you send pull requests?

Stef

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.
>
> Big thanks to Netstyle !
>
> I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
> It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable processes.
>
> On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
> Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside (WADynamicVariable).
>
> Some stuffs that are missing:
> #isOmniBaseTransaction
> #markDirty
> A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
> #beginInHistory
> …
>
> Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
> The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its importance in the engine.
> All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a stub ?
>
> Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.
>

> Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)
>
> Cédrick
>

> * Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that could bring the fun back :)
>

>> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 09:37, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> I thons this just perfect as a starting point !
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cedrick
>>
>> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>>
>>> Le 26 oct. 2017 à 19:38, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Maybe the package described here has what you're looking for :
>>>
>>> http://forum.world.st/Ann-Workflow-td4963635.html
>>>

>>> Cédrick Béler wrote

>>> --
>>> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Users-f1310670.html

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

cedreek
I found a WfHistory package but don’t know how to write the beginHistory stuff.
It seems to be a repository of versions of a process (maybe each step gives another version ?).

> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 19:07, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Did you send pull requests?
>
> Stef
>
>> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.
>>
>> Big thanks to Netstyle !
>>
>> I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
>> It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable processes.
>>
>> On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
>> Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside (WADynamicVariable).
>>
>> Some stuffs that are missing:
>> #isOmniBaseTransaction
>> #markDirty
>> A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
>> #beginInHistory
>> …
>>
>> Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
>> The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its importance in the engine.
>> All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a stub ?
>>
>> Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.
>>

>> Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)
>>
>> Cédrick
>>

>> * Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that could bring the fun back :)
>>

>>> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 09:37, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> I thons this just perfect as a starting point !
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cedrick
>>>
>>> Envoyé de mon iPhone

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

cedreek

> Did you send pull requests?

Euh, actually I still don’t really know how to use git.

I loaded it through metacello. Can I simply a sunlit code that way ?

The code is quite documented already and there are tests.

I kind of fixed some tests but not sure this was the way to do so (beginHistory has no action for instance).

All the xpdl import/export fail but this is due to one method that need a DOMbuilder and two other class I have no clue.

And I still haven’t find how to execute a process ^^

I’ll have another look today.

Cheers,

Cédrick

> Stef
>
>> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.
>>
>> Big thanks to Netstyle !
>>
>> I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
>> It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable processes.
>>
>> On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
>> Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside (WADynamicVariable).
>>
>> Some stuffs that are missing:
>> #isOmniBaseTransaction
>> #markDirty
>> A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
>> #beginInHistory
>> …
>>
>> Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
>> The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its importance in the engine.
>> All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a stub ?
>>
>> Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.
>>

>> Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)
>>
>> Cédrick
>>

>> * Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that could bring the fun back :)
>>

>>> Le 27 oct. 2017 à 09:37, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> I thons this just perfect as a starting point !
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cedrick
>>>
>>> Envoyé de mon iPhone

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

Stephane Ducasse-3
ok for now publish your changes on smalltalkhub somewhere so that they
do not stay on your machine.

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Did you send pull requests?
>
> Euh, actually I still don’t really know how to use git.
>
> I loaded it through metacello. Can I simply a sunlit code that way ?
>
> The code is quite documented already and there are tests.
>
> I kind of fixed some tests but not sure this was the way to do so (beginHistory has no action for instance).
>
> All the xpdl import/export fail but this is due to one method that need a DOMbuilder and two other class I have no clue.
>
> And I still haven’t find how to execute a process ^^
>
> I’ll have another look today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cédrick
>

>> Stef
>>
>>> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> A pleasure to discover ! To me, a wonderful(ly engineered) library.
>>>
>>> Big thanks to Netstyle !
>>>
>>> I’m just getting my hands around, but it looks to me like a great general purpose BP tool (modeling + engine + xpdl import export).
>>> It would be very useful for IS in industrial contexts (*). And before all a superb starting point to model my simple personal routines as executable processes.
>>>
>>> On the practical aspects, just a problem loading because of WADynamicVariable, but it kinds of load on Pharo 6.
>>> Running tests, there are (naturally) some failures. I think most come from the removed links to Omnibase/History support and seaside (WADynamicVariable).
>>>
>>> Some stuffs that are missing:
>>> #isOmniBaseTransaction
>>> #markDirty
>>> A reference to TimeStamp fixed:
>>> #beginInHistory
>>> …
>>>
>>> Need to fix WADynamicVariable with shouldn’t be hard.
>>> The History link (persistence) is a bit more difficult as I don’t know its importance in the engine.
>>> All Workflow object are managed object which (if I understand well) are persistent object. So maybe It need a (local) persistent alternative, a stub ?
>>>
>>> Anyway, I need to understand more and I will probably come back with some questions about the dependencies and how to fix them.
>>>

>>> Cheers and thanks again, enligthening code :)
>>>
>>> Cédrick
>>>

>>> * Interoperability of is a field I try carefully not to enter because I found not really fun (as most of the tool I’ve soon were java based … and slow… and java world !) but if only I had similar tools in pharo that could bring the fun back :)

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

cedreek

> ok for now publish your changes on smalltalkhub somewhere so that they
> do not stay on your machine.

Even if very very experimental :)

I’ll do. Just need a bit more work and comment what I did.

I have unsolved references to this classes too.
DomBuilder
IDBasicManager
IDCurrentManager

Any ideas ?
I’ll read more carefully the white paper and see if XMLParser can help here. But is someone knows about this classes…

Cheers,

Cédrick

> On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> Did you send pull requests?
>>
>> Euh, actually I still don’t really know how to use git.
>>
>> I loaded it through metacello. Can I simply a sunlit code that way ?
>>
>> The code is quite documented already and there are tests.
>>
>> I kind of fixed some tests but not sure this was the way to do so (beginHistory has no action for instance).
>>
>> All the xpdl import/export fail but this is due to one method that need a DOMbuilder and two other class I have no clue.
>>
>> And I still haven’t find how to execute a process ^^
>>
>> I’ll have another look today.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Cédrick
>>

>>> Stef

Re: Netstyle/Workflow Package discovery - (was: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy)

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

I do not see why these classes would be mandatory for a workflow.
There seems to be left over from the extraction.

stef

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 12:11 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> ok for now publish your changes on smalltalkhub somewhere so that they
>> do not stay on your machine.
>
> Even if very very experimental :)
>
> I’ll do. Just need a bit more work and comment what I did.
>
> I have unsolved references to this classes too.
> DomBuilder
> IDBasicManager
> IDCurrentManager
>
> Any ideas ?
> I’ll read more carefully the white paper and see if XMLParser can help here. But is someone knows about this classes…
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cédrick

>>> Euh, actually I still don’t really know how to use git.
>>>
>>> I loaded it through metacello. Can I simply a sunlit code that way ?
>>>
>>> The code is quite documented already and there are tests.
>>>
>>> I kind of fixed some tests but not sure this was the way to do so (beginHistory has no action for instance).
>>>
>>> All the xpdl import/export fail but this is due to one method that need a DOMbuilder and two other class I have no clue.
>>>
>>> And I still haven’t find how to execute a process ^^
>>>
>>> I’ll have another look today.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Cédrick

Re: Business process (declaration and orchestration), ontology/taxonomy,

SergeStinckwich

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi again, this is my last question and the more general one of the day :-)

I’m looking for way of representing and executing simple "business processes" in Pharo and a way of declaring domain ontologies/taxonomies.

​Sorry, I'm a bit slow to reply ... I have worked some months ago with a student on some support of BPMN processes.
We are able to load BPMN models (XML files) and do some basic static analysis based on complexity metrics and dynamic analysis on different kind of simulations (including multi-agent ones). There is more details on the website here: http://a4bp.com/

I would be very interested to work again on this.

​Regards,​
--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/