But Report & Auto Auto Discussion

1 message Options

But Report & Auto Auto Discussion

Kirk Fraser
Yes it's the 1867 version which was the latest from Juan's website a week ago.  Now I see 1880 at https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev

Yes it was JWARS.

I rejected Scheme years ago.  It probably has improved since then too and I know you can't totally eliminate parentheses but I put my foot down on going to a Lisp.

Years ago I'd see annoyingly long Garbage Collections on Digitalk Smalltalk/V but then computers were slower.  100 milliseconds is still 8.8 feet into traffic beyond a stop light/sign or into oncoming traffic on the wrong side of a road or a ditch around a corner which on dike roads means death by drowning. So autos cannot be driven better than humans by Smalltalk unless Smalltalk is very lucky plus the human is chemically incapacitated or fast asleep.  I know Google's car uses Python so it may be naturally better than 100 ms.  Or it may take lots of timing engineering as Ken suggests.  For the higher level code I want to do, Smalltalk is easier to write so I'll continue the make it work then make it work fast strategy.

--
Kirk W. Fraser
http://freetom.info/TrueChurch - Replace the fraud churches with the true church.