Button text in forms

Chad Nantais-2
When I am rendering a model using "MYQueryModel new asComponent", I want the text on the Magritte-generated form's 'Save' button to read something else like 'Search'.  How do I do this, if it is even possible.  I am trying to use descriptions for a query object and want the same action as the default 'Save' (to answer the object) , but having a button with that label will confuse users.

Thanks in advance.

Chad

Re: Button text in forms

Lukas Renggli-2
> When I am rendering a model using "MYQueryModel new asComponent", I
> want the text on the Magritte-generated form's 'Save' button to
> read something else like 'Search'.  How do I do this, if it is even
> possible.  I am trying to use descriptions for a query object and
> want the same action as the default 'Save' (to answer the object) ,
> but having a button with that label will confuse users.

So I suppose that MYQueryModel is a subclass of PRCommand, right? If
this is the case you should override #asComponent, else I don't quite
understand your question.

PRComponent>>asComponent
        ^ super asComponent
                addValidatedForm;
                yourself

MYQueryModel>>asComponent
        ^ (self description asComponentOn: self)
                addValidatedForm: #( search );
                yourself

Don't forget to add #search as an extension method to
MAContainerComponent.

Cheers,
Luakas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Button text in forms

Chad Nantais-2
Lukas,

Sorry for not explaining that I am using Magritte alone, without Pier.

I will add #search as an extension method to MAContainerComponent.

Thanks for you help,

Chad