Buy Dolphin and VAT

Giorgio Ferraris
Hi,

Sorry for posting burocracy messages here, but probably this could be of
general use, at least for EEC Dolphin user. (and customer)

I want to upgrade to 4.0, but following digibuy, I get charged of VAT.

Becouse I live in Italy, I should (like all of the EC customer) have the
opportunity to give yoy my VAT number,
and also I need an Ivoice (by e-mail it's OK).
Giving the VAT number, I should not be VAT charged (or this does'not apply
to WEB buy?).

I got confused, can you tell me if this is wrong, or, if correct, how to
have VAT not charged (probably I forgot some link on your pages)?
Paying taxes twice is not a thing I like:-)

Thanks, I URGE to try the new.....

--
Giorgio Ferraris
Eleven srl

Re: Buy Dolphin and VAT

Andy Bower
Giorgio,

> Sorry for posting burocracy messages here, but probably this could be of
> general use, at least for EEC Dolphin user. (and customer)
>
> I want to upgrade to 4.0, but following digibuy, I get charged of VAT.
>
> Because I live in Italy, I should (like all of the EC customer) have the
> opportunity to give yoy my VAT number,
> and also I need an Ivoice (by e-mail it's OK).
> Giving the VAT number, I should not be VAT charged (or this does'not apply
> to WEB buy?).

DigiBuy (being US-based) don't handle the intricacies of the EU VAT system
completely so it is not possible order and avoid paying VAT. However,
DigiBuy will send you an e-mail that includes Object Arts' VAT registration
number and you should be able to provide this to your local tax authorities
to claim back the VAT paid.

If you don't have a means to do this then we have an alternative scheme
which is slightly more time consuming. You must e-mail your order request to
[hidden email] together with your company name and address and your
VAT registration number. We will then generate a "coupon" and send this back
to you. You can use the coupon during the online purchase (in the last step)
to give you an automatic refund of the VAT amount.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk Wiki Web
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

R: Buy Dolphin and VAT

Giorgio Ferraris
Andy,

Thanks for the answer.
I think that 20$ are not enough to pay for more time. I'll buy loosing VAT,
I'll not die for that.

Thanks

--
Giorgio Ferraris