Bypass the Beta Serial Dialog?

Sean Malloy-11
It looks like you can get past the serial dialog in the installer?

http://www.livejournal.com/community/ru_smalltalk/3284.html

 From the sounds of the post, it's describing how to install the beta without

Re: Bypass the Beta Serial Dialog?

Andy Bower-3
Sean,

Thanks for this. I did an AltaVista translation and your suspicion is
correct. I knew I shouldn't have put the download in a public location
:-(. Actually, the resultant image will be corrupt with a number of
methods encrypted (both source and bytecodes) but it certainly doesn't
look very professional.

Anyway, the bug is fixed in beta 2, so I've done an "early" release of
this to replace the DolphinX6Setup.exe on the website. Those of you who
aren't in any rush for beta 2 can perhaps wait until we do an
"official" release at the end of the week.

Best regards

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support

Re: Bypass the Beta Serial Dialog?

Esteban A. Maringolo-2
Andy:

        I've reported it when the beta program started. It works even for
Dolphin XP.

        And worst, if you want to "unlock" the image with a valid serial
number, you won't be able to, because the trick makes the "unlock"
shortcut to start the image directly. It's a mail of May 13th

Regards,

--
Esteban

Andy Bower escribió:

> Sean,
>
> Thanks for this. I did an AltaVista translation and your suspicion is
> correct. I knew I shouldn't have put the download in a public location
> :-(. Actually, the resultant image will be corrupt with a number of
> methods encrypted (both source and bytecodes) but it certainly doesn't
> look very professional.
>
> Anyway, the bug is fixed in beta 2, so I've done an "early" release of
> this to replace the DolphinX6Setup.exe on the website. Those of you who
> aren't in any rush for beta 2 can perhaps wait until we do an
> "official" release at the end of the week.

Re: Bypass the Beta Serial Dialog?

Andy Bower-3
Esteban,

> I've reported it when the beta program started. It works even for
> Dolphin XP.
>
> And worst, if you want to "unlock" the image with a valid serial
> number, you won't be able to, because the trick makes the "unlock"
> shortcut to start the image directly. It's a mail of May 13th

Yes we had the report (it is #1700) and you'll see it is fixed now.

--
Andy Bower
Dolphin Support