ByteArrayed error description

Sebastián Sastre
Hi,

 I've found this obtuse error description occuting when trying to load
a package with a view resource that D6 can't convert to version 10 in:
STBInFiler class(STBFiler class)>>errorUnrecognisedClass:version:

STBInFiler class(STBFiler class)>>errorUnrecognisedClass: aClass
version: version
        "Private - Signal an STBError indicating that the STB data contains
        instances of aClass of version that we don't know how to convert."

        STBError
                signal: self signature asString , ' contains a version ' , version
displayString , ' instance of '
                                , aClass name , ' and is unable to convert it.'

NOTE: that the #asString after #signature message makes this
description to be human readable.

Regards,

Sebastian
PD: by the way I think this is a case with the situation that Blair
mention in a related post. Perhaps it happen because the blocks in the
resource.

Re: ByteArrayed error description

Blair McGlashan-4
"Sebastián" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi,
>
> I've found this obtuse error description occuting when trying to load
> a package with a view resource that D6 can't convert to version 10 in:
> STBInFiler class(STBFiler class)>>errorUnrecognisedClass:version:
>
> STBInFiler class(STBFiler class)>>errorUnrecognisedClass: aClass
> version: version
> "Private - Signal an STBError indicating that the STB data contains
> instances of aClass of version that we don't know how to convert."
>
> STBError
> signal: self signature asString , ' contains a version ' , version
> displayString , ' instance of '
> , aClass name , ' and is unable to convert it.'
>
> NOTE: that the #asString after #signature message makes this
> description to be human readable.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sebastian
> PD: by the way I think this is a case with the situation that Blair
> mention in a related post. Perhaps it happen because the blocks in the
> resource.

Unlikely. Much more likely is that your resource contains a custom class
(maybe a View class) that doesn't support the conversion required. This is
essentially what the error message is telling you anyway.

Regards

Blair